Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2016 10:23:36 PM EDT
Anyone use a factory CZ threaded barrel, and what fitment was required (if any)?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to file mine some.  There's a thread on the CZ Forum about how to fit a barrel to the CZ 75.  I looked it over and it was helpful.

Here's a picture of my barrels.  Original CZ 85 (Pre B) on the right and replacement barrel (CZ threaded barrel) on the left.  Notice the area I filed, on the left side of the barrel/chamber.  I didn't have to remove anything from the little tab at the top of the chamber or the larger tab on the right side of the chamber.  If you look at the factory barrel they had to do the same thing when they fitted it.

I used a flat file and went slow.  Cleaning off metal particles and test fitting every few strokes to get a nice tight lockup between the barrel and the slide.  I didn't have to remove any metal from the inside of the "peanut" shaped loop the slide lock rides in to lock/unlock the barrel into the slide as the slide moves during cycling of the action.  I understand that sometimes that is necessary.

Remember, if you screw it up you've got a sloppy fit, poor accuracy and you might have to buy another barrel.  Check out the thread on the CZ forum (links below the pictures.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=12647.msg70119#msg70119

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=80778.0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top