Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2016 3:20:44 AM EDT
I now own a pre-ban (1984) CZ-75 that was a G.I. bring back from Germany from a fellow retired military retiree.  Overall, its in good condition, but the finish is somewhat worn, but not abused.  With that said, I'm looking to have the original poly coat totally removed and refinished in a durable semi-matt black finish to mimic the original color...  Is there a business that does a great job that can be recommended??  I'm looking to have it fully disassembled prior to having the main parts refinished verse somebody just spraying down the upper and lower receiver parts...  Another friend just spent $300 for some idiot to spray paint his pistol, a 70s Browning Hi-Power, and it looks now looks like shit.  It looks like he will have to fork over some more $$$ to get it done right, which I'm hoping to avoid.  

Also, is there a place where I can either buy original or a good copy of the pre-ban black plastic pistol grips??

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I know you can have it nickled or blued but I wonder if there is anyplace that could do a nitride finish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]
CZ Custom can redo the poly-coat if you want to stay original
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CZ Custom can redo the poly-coat if you want to stay original
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Have it cerakoted.... Durable, inexpensive, and good all around finish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Pre-Ban?   Or do you mean a Pre-B?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always been happy with T. Mark's work, not cheap but damn nice:

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/finish/page-finish.shtml
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the replies.

I'll contact CZ-USA and see about having them refinish the pistol...  Does anybody know of a source of either new or copies of the original pre-model B plastic grips?

...Sorry for stating that it was a "pre-ban" in my initial posting...  Fingers got carried away while typing.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 2:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]
With an air brush and Norrell's Moly Resin (gloss black) I did mine myself.  Used a $17 sand blaster kit from Eastwood to get the old finish off.  (Baking soda)

Ray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top