Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 9:38:00 AM EDT
So I got me a new pistol today, thing of it is the rail cut has notches and is not cut all the way through, what kind of rail is this? Didn't notice it until I got it home for some reason

Gun in question
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Did I break Arfcom?!?!?  

For the record weapon lights slide over it just fine, they cant lock in though...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
M-3-type accessory rail

That is what is listed on the CZ website

If your light slides on the rails I would just clean both sides and add a drop of locktite to hold it in place.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yours is a 2002 model. On my 2008, it is cut all the way across. You could always take a file to it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yours is a 2002 model. On my 2008, it is cut all the way across. You could always take a file to it.
View Quote

It may come to that or having my smith mill it. Its a good shooter despite the weird rail. Anyone know of any lights that work with these type of cuts? Surely there is something.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I almost bid on that
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I almost bid on that
View Quote

They have a 2000 model still...
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I got me a new pistol today, thing of it is the rail cut has notches and is not cut all the way through, what kind of rail is this? Didn't notice it until I got it home for some reason

Gun in question
View Quote

Why wouldn't they just mill it all the way thru? I've never seen a partial cut out before... Weird! It also looks to be a P-01 frame coupled with a PCR slide. The rear sight cut in the slide along with matching rear sight only comes on the PCR from my experience. I may be wrong about that, but I don't think so. Nice pistol still though. I like a pistol with a bit of holster wear from honest use. If you wish to upgrade the sights to night sights (they make daytime shooting so much better too), then CZ Custom has a Meprolite version that are bright! The rear slide cut is covered/filled up perfectly as well by these night sights too. We installed them on my brothers PCR and they look and function great... It made the pistol twice as shoot-able as before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top