Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2016 3:57:38 PM EDT
So I put a nice little chip in the finish of my CZ P-01. I slipped with the hell of my magazine when taking it down. What is a good way to fill the chip? It went down to the metal and since the finish on the gun is thick it has a little divot. It is very small. I was wondering of there is a way to fill the divot rather than just cover the bare metal and still have the mark.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. I wonder if you have to put a bit on at time to fill the divot if it is down to bare metal.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

+1.  I have a Compact in Silver Polycoat. It looks like new unless you really look at the spot where I filled it in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It happens OP... especially if you use & carry it everyday. Just use multiple coats of auto flat black touch-up paint and it will be fine... I'm finding my CZ's hold up just as well as my AR-15's; a bad ass pistol that is made for every day carry. I look at my EDC pistols, (current is a P-01), with multiple carry/battle scars and I view it as a sexy badge honor that gives the ultimate sign of character... Holster/chamber wear makes a pistol so much more sexier than a "Pristine BBQ, show your friends" pistol! YMMV...
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
My first shadow was a $1400 custom shop gun which was scratched to the metal on the first range trip.

The metal is parkerized then polycoated. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Guess I cheat on my takedown.  I just press the pin with my Wheeler 1911 polyurethane bench block.  Always felt using a magazine to remove the takedown pin was sort of crazy. but I also just used the flat bacl of the mag instead of the heel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top