Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2016 8:36:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
As an unsuppressed shooter, the SP01. I don't have a threaded barrel for it, so I can't comment on it's use as a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up keeping the SP01 and selling the P09. The P09 is amazing for what it is but I'm just drawn to steel frame CZs more. Without the accu busing added to my SP01 the P09 I had shot much tighter groups overall.

My 2 cents worth
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Your good either way but I like the SP-01
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Spo1 might not feel so front heavy when hosting. Po9 might not feel as heavy in general.
I enjoy the felt recoil with steel framed better than poly.
Not a fan of decockers, I prefer manual safety.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a CZ 75 BD.  I prefer the decocker over safety.  My next pistol will be a SP-01 Tactical because my 75 was taken away from me so I need my own now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats a tough one.  I love both guns, and owned the SP01 years ago, and EDC a P07 now.

I want another SP01, but I can't justify the cost over the P09, or really over another P07.  I've got the 17rd mags and threaded barrel for my 07, its crazy accurate and a great host gun.  Its all fitted up with Cajun internals as well.  

The extra barrel and the custom parts mean I've got $900ish bucks in my 07, and though from time to time I think about adding a USP9 or P30 or P226MK25 to my stable, none of those guns do anything my 07 doesn't.

I'd say get the P09.  It is just as/more accurate as the SP01, costs less, is more available, has great upgrade options, uses 19rd flush fit mags, and represents a phenomenal value in a big handgun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Sp01
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
P09 imo is a weird gun, lightweight, huge, not as accurate as its' contemporaries, etc.

....Coming from a satisfied p07 owner.

But if I want to use something as large as a p09, I'd rather have a g34 or all-metal cz - they both are better in that role. P07 is cool for a poly hammer fired g19 sized gun, for when you want lightweight and hammer fired.   P09 is large for carry and there are better range guns.

Imo.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
P09 imo is a weird gun, lightweight, huge, not as accurate as its' contemporaries, etc.

But if I want to use something as large as a p09, I'd rather have a g34 or all-metal cz - they both are better in that role. P07 is cool for a poly hammer fired g19 sized gun, for when you want lightweight and hammer fired.   P09 is large for carry and there are better range guns.

Imo.
View Quote

For a sub-$500 gun, the P-09 is amazingly accurate.  I'm very pleased with mine, especially after installing the CGW pro-grade parts made the trigger incredible.  It's a perfect home defense handgun with the massive capacity (19+1) and front rail.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=64249.0

The Glock 34s run $600 plus and are striker-fired, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For a sub-$500 gun, the P-09 is amazingly accurate.  I'm very pleased with mine, especially after installing the CGW pro-grade parts made the trigger incredible.  It's a perfect home defense handgun with the massive capacity (19+1) and front rail.

The Glock 34s run $600 plus and are striker-fired, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imo.

I agree. I've got the P-09 and it's a freaking tack driver. I love it.

That being said, I've also got the SP-01 and wouldn't give that up for the world. Helluva gun.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the responses. Went ahead and ordered this one:https://images.kygunco.com/Products/41016.jpg

Only thing I really don't like is that ugly ass rear sight with the gap between it and the slide. I mean really, what the hell CZ?
View Quote

Good choice!
I just got one of those myself. See pic here.

I'll say that I don't like the rear site, not because it's ugly, it's actually a really effective site, but it gets in the way of manual manipulation
of the hammer when it's fully lowered. It needs to be another 2/10" inboard.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top