Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2016 12:24:59 PM EDT
I picked up this urban gray model yesterday and with being so spoiled by my current P-01 pro package I gave CGW a call today.   There is nothing on the website but David did confirm there are packages for the new P-01 Omega and they should hit the website in a week or two.
The parts are not interchangeable with the P-07/09. From what I understood they are quite similar but just different enough to not interchange.  As far as the trigger goes this is my first Omega but I did get to shoot a 100 rds yesterday and I will give you my observations.  FYI I only used the pistol in the safety configuration.
 VS a Stock safety SP-01 the SA pull seems a bit better and the DA not quite as good.  For guys that leave everything stock it's probably not going to matter.
The Omega reset sucks that is about all I can say however the reach isn't bad like the original.      I honestly love the trigger shape though and would switch to that style on all my pistols.  The Omega doesn't feel gritty or anything aside from the long reset it's not to bad but I'm sure it will be great soon enough.
  It's not fair to compare this to a Cajun Pro Package pistol because those shoot like a highly tuned 1911 and are worth every penny IMO.   Sorry to sound like an advertisement but they are that good and David is a nice guy.

Here is my new baby. I plan for it to be the host of a Form 1 build here in the near future.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I just joined the CZ crowd this weekend with an urban grey 75B.  Your P-01 is gorgeous!  I've shied away from the P-01 because of added bulk & weight, but now that I have the 75B, I appreciate the P-01 properly for its beauty and practicality.  

I am loving it, but I do find my trigger to be a little gritty.  That is, between the end of the takeup and the break, there are several noticeable tactile bumps.  The amount of travel between takeup & break is pretty significant.  But there are far worse triggers on the market.  I'm looking to add a CGW upgrade soon.

All things considered, it's a fantastic gun and no gun I've ever held before feels so natural in the hand!

My only other lament is the color although it's not all that bad.  I'm thinking in terms of toning it down a tad for open carry.  BlammO Jr. says I'm crazy, but it may be wearing Cerakote Tungsten before long (although the Graphite Black I already have on hand makes more sense for toning it down).

Anybody have any holster suggestions that are compatible with the high front sight?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The thing about the CZ pistols are they are so damn accurate despite having a service grade trigger in stock form.
You never see threads on what barrel to buy etc.  The design with the slide rail configuration low bore axis just make for a wicked pistol.
As for mine those are a set of LOK grips and they thin down the grip quite a bit for concealed carry which the P-01 does better than most would think.    I have a G19 and a standard P-01 I just sold that I rotate CWP duty with.
The G19 has a bit less weight but I don't shoot it nearly as well as the CZ.. I do shoot it well enough for it's purpose though.    
    As quite a few new CZ owners are coming around the rest of the BB think we are just the Kool Aid of the month. How wrong they are
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:38:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Still waiting for the standard black model to hit the shelves.  (I have no use for threaded barrels or suppressor sights on a carry piece)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top