Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2016 11:36:30 AM EDT
In the market to get a CZ, it appears most models are sold out currently. My LGS can get the CZ85B and a search here doesn't come up with much on this model. Is it a good pistol or hold off until another model is in stock? I'm looking to spend under $600 if that helps.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They are GTG. Just a 75B with ambi controls.  Somebody had used 85s for cheap recently, might be buds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an 85 pre B. It was everything I want in a pistol. Too bad mags are kind of a pain in the ass to track down.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are GTG. Just a 75B with ambi controls.  Somebody had used 85s for cheap recently, might be buds.
View Quote

Them and Aim Surplus.

They didn't\dont tend to last long. I think some might be available for cheap on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an 85 pre B. It was everything I want in a pistol. Too bad mags are kind of a pain in the ass to track down.
View Quote

I saw an older thread on the CZ Forum awhile back about how to modify the inside of the mag well/frame on the Pre B 85 (and maybe 75s??) to accept the newer magazines.

It's a clearance issue with the frame at the back of the mag well bottom and top.  I filed on mine Friday morning (field stripped it, removed the magazines and the mainspring plug and mag. break first) and it really didn't take long.  Keep the frame/file straight with each other, use a file about the same width as the magazine, make sure you don't hit the sear (you can remove the sear/housing but Id didn't, I just went slow and careful) and test fit a magazine every little bit till you get it straight.  Once I got the magazine sliding in and releasing well I filed just a tad bit more to make sure and then used a can of carb cleaner to blow out any metal shavings.

I oiled it up, reassembled it and this weekend I used my new mecgar 17 plus 2 magazines to put my first rounds through my 1988 CZ 85.

I just tried to find that old thread, no luck, but I read it Thursday night.  Darn.  The guy that started it took pictures of what he was doing.  Nice thread.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/11114_Cz-75-Preb-Full-Size-16-Round-9mm-Mag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top