Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 11:58:56 PM EDT
I have a CGW bushing in the freezer ready for installation, and so far - it seems the OEM bushing is on there like a rock. Although a new act for me, I sat the slide in some WD40 for about 10 minutes and gave it 10 minutes with the heat gun as well. Felt this was plenty.

Dropped an 11mm socket in the back of the slide, rest an extension on it, and hit it with a sledge hammer pretty hard. Not a budge.

Tap out and take it to a smith? Yes, I removed the front sight pin haha.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used the freeze spray on stubborn sights before. If you don't have that you can turn a can of dust off upside down and you get the cold liquid spray.

10 minutes with the heat gun and it seems like the bushing would warm up with the slide defeating the purpose of heating. Try freeze spray just on the bushing right before you whack the socket.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a slide hammer? Or make one?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
try KROIL instead of WD40
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep hitting it.  Mine moved a little bit at a time as I kept tapping it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top