Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 9:58:28 PM EDT
Brought it home, field stripped it, cleaned it out (carb cleaner on the frame), re-lubed it, put it back together.  Had to a do a little 3n1 oil/0000 steel wool rubbing to get rid of some funny looking stuff on the frame and some brown looking stuff on the slide.  It cleaned up pretty well.  AIM Surplus sold it as a surplus Israeli Police gun.  I'll shoot it this weekend.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I got one also. It was also supposed to be Israeli police turn in. It has a weird lanyard loop combo mainspring plug pin that I need to replace. Trying to confirm with CZ USA if the pin on the pre B is the same as the current ones. My gun is a transitional model with the squared and grooved trigger guard
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine didn't have the lanyard ring set up.  The picture on the AIM Surplus web site showed one (I thought) but I'm okay with it not having one.

I plan to shoot it this weekend to see how it does.  I'd also like to get it cerakoted later this summer/early fall.  I need to talk to some places that do it get some prices and I need to see if they can also replace the barrel bushing/front sight.  I bought a set of adjustable sights for it (I wasn't sure if the sights would be buggered up or not, now I may just leave the originals on it.  Gotta shoot it first.

I did some file work on the inside of the frame this morning so it would take the Mecgar 18 round magazines I got from Midway earlier this year.  They are working fine now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Look into Robar if you want a nicer finish. Cerakote is ...meh. Check picture thread for a SP-01 I recently had done in in NP3+ from Robar.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The Pre B 75 I got from Buds had the same non spec lanyard loop pin. I replaced it with a stock pin from CZ. That said my Pre B looks just like a B model. Made in 94 it has the squared trigger guard and later model slide serrations.

Also had to replace the mag brake, grips (cracked under recoil prob because of that damn lanyard pin) and trigger pin. Got that from Cajun Gun works. Got mine Cerakoted in Titanium. The finish is nice, but I really like the texture.

I will also be replacing the mainspring soon. Took a bit of work but I'm very happy with the gun. I love the Pre B trigger.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top