Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 8:28:09 PM EDT
So my friend just bought the new P-09 suppressor ready, and is having an odd issue with it. When the gun is decocked with the left decocker switch, the hammer drops all the way to the firing pin instead of being caught in the half-cock position. When the right switch is used, the gun decocks to half-cock, but we can tell that the gun doesn't have a solid hold of the hammer, because if we pull the hammer back from there, we can hear the sear click, indicating that the sear wasn't fully seated. As far as we can tell, the sear is being held slightly up when the gun is decocked, making it possible for the hammer to either drop fully while decocking or not have a good seat in the sear. This gun is brand new, never fired. Is this a common problem with the P-09? My experience has only been with the P-01 with the standard, non-omega trigger. What can we do to fix the problem?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not had this issue with my P09
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
http://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/
Call 1-800-955-4486 for warranty questions
Or email [email protected]

CZ has excellent customer service. They'll set you straight. I have lots of CZs and that problem has never happened to me. Sounds like a bad angle on the sear letting the hammer slip.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the same pistol, and decock it on a loaded chamber regularly. No issues with it not being caught at half cock, and no AD's. I'd let CZ know ASAP... they'll fix it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses. Seems like this is a pretty limited issue. I was hoping that there would be a quick fix so he didn't have to send the gun back and wait weeks for CZ to repair it.

He is pretty impulsive and ended up buying all new internals from CGW anyway, so we will mess around and see if we can fix the problem with the new parts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
the day I bought mine P-09, I swapped the decocker for the included thumb safety

with the de-cocker, there is a tiny spring, with an end that needs to drop into a hole ...

fast fwd to 18:30

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top