Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2016 11:01:56 AM EDT
Got my first CZ.  Always wanted one and they feel great in the hand and I like shooting them so I did it.
CZ 75 BD I wanted one with a decocker.  Trigger is pretty good have not had time to shoot it yet got it Saturday and was way to busy yesterday to get out to the range.  But this weekend it is on.

On magazines are the Mec-Gar good to go for the CZ.  I have always had good luck with them but never used with the CZ and CZ mags are significantly higher than the Mec-Gar.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
MecGar are good to go for CZ..  My MecGar mags outnumber my CZ mags.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
MecGar is fantastic.  Buy some, then buy more.  Too many mags is not a thing, especially when CZs tend to multiply
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the above posters.  I get mine here.

Greg Cote LLC
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC
View Quote

I get mine there too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I get mine there too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC

I get mine there too.

Seem kind of high compared to other places I have priced.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC

I get mine there too.

$20 for my mecgars.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

$20 for my mecgars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC

I get mine there too.

$20 for my mecgars.

AIM has for $18.57
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

AIM has for $18.57
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC

I get mine there too.

$20 for my mecgars.

AIM has for $18.57

Never knew they carried them. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Grease or oil for the slide rails on a CZ?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Grease or oil for the slide rails on a CZ?
View Quote

Grease the slide rails and end of the barrel.

Oil everything else.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC

I get mine there too.

Check the shipping cost and see how his prices compare.  My orders have always been $6 flat rate and I usually get my orders in 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Check the shipping cost and see how his prices compare.  My orders have always been $6 flat rate and I usually get my orders in 2-3 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Greg Cote LLC

I get mine there too.

He's right across town from me. Usually get mine within a day or 2.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
What fiber sights are you guys using on your CZs?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The CGW FO sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CGW FO sights.

Thank you that is exactly what I am looking for!  Any other CZ tips anyone has got for me?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#16]
CZ's are like Lays potato chips. You can't eat just one. We all buy more after the first one. Welcome to the club op and these guys on this site will give you some great info.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
CZ's are like Lays potato chips. You can't eat just one. We all buy more after the first one. Welcome to the club op and these guys on this site will give you some great info.
View Quote

I do not doubt that I have a pistol addiction that will never be satisfied.  I am quite literally stacking them on top of each other and finding creative ways to fit them all in my safe.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The VZ grips make the grip slimmer than a 1911. I believe the LOK and other G10 offerings will have a similar thickness.

Mecgar mags are as good as factory, pay attention for sales and you can find them <$20.

In order to convert a 75B safety model to SAO, you only need the trigger.

Don't load reloads long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CGW FO sights.

Thank you that is exactly what I am looking for!  Any other CZ tips anyone has got for me?

The VZ grips make the grip slimmer than a 1911. I believe the LOK and other G10 offerings will have a similar thickness.

Mecgar mags are as good as factory, pay attention for sales and you can find them <$20.

In order to convert a 75B safety model to SAO, you only need the trigger.

Don't load reloads long.

I have the BD model ..... go on!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On magazines are the Mec-Gar good to go for the CZ.  I have always had good luck with them but never used with the CZ and CZ mags are significantly higher than the Mec-Gar.
View Quote

Mec-Gar is the OEM manufacturer for CZ.   No point in paying an extra $20 for the exact same magazine just because it says CZ on it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#22]

My next CZ I will just get a SAO SP-01
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Front sight needs changing to a FO sight.  The trigger will take some getting used to.  Not sure I like the mirror finished trigger face my finger slips around on it.  Other than that I like the pistol and shoot it well.  I do shoot my Sig P226 better but I suspect it has something to do with the texture of the trigger not being so slippery.  Still shoot my Glock better than anything else.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Cajun gun works offers great upgrades.  I shoot sigs and glocks very well myself. Glad you enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. Mec-Gar is the OEM manufacturer for CZ OP. Gregcotellc is THE place to go for CZ magazines. Buy their Mec-Gar mags with confidence. I use them along with the CZ branded "Mec-Gar" magazines interchangeably. I have (4) times the Mec-Gar mags that I have CZ mags. Never ever a problem with any of them have I experienced...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Same here. Mec-Gar is the OEM manufacturer for CZ OP. Gregcotellc is THE place to go for CZ magazines. Buy their Mec-Gar mags with confidence. I use them along with the CZ branded "Mec-Gar" magazines interchangeably. I have (4) times the Mec-Gar mags that I have CZ mags. Never ever a problem with any of them have I experienced...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have used Sig Mec-Gar mags and had great luck in the past.  I ordered a bunch with a LOT of ammo from AIM they had them cheaper and I was already paying the ammo shipping cost.

Now my only problem I need to fix it the trigger on this CZ it is so smooth and like a mirror finish and I sweat a lot down here in Texas my finger wanders around while I shoot.

I am also looking at doing some part swapping to make the trigger lighter.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe look at the CZ 85 trigger from Cajun Gun Works.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#28]
So I did the CGW SRS kit in my CZ and it is one sweet ass shooter now.  I cleaned up the sear and smoothed it out, put in the SRS kit, and cleaned up the bottom of the rails.  I must say damn the trigger is smoother, light, and crisp now.  Now I just need to look into sights I have a FO front sight coming for it but still unsure about what I want for the rear or if I am just going to flip it around to have a black rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My next CZ I will just get a SAO SP-01
View Quote

That's what I wanted, the SAO SP-01. My 97B can be carried cocked n' locked like my 1911 and carried double action on quarter cock or no cock which I really like. Then I saw a SP-01 tactical model with the decocker. It has a smooth DA and a really smooth SA. So I picked it up and really like it. It functions just like my every day carry P-01.  My mother in law has a 75B SA... Now that is a smooth trigger. But I agree, the SAO SP-01 is a special piece!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have used Sig Mec-Gar mags and had great luck in the past.  I ordered a bunch with a LOT of ammo from AIM they had them cheaper and I was already paying the ammo shipping cost.

Now my only problem I need to fix it the trigger on this CZ it is so smooth and like a mirror finish and I sweat a lot down here in Texas my finger wanders around while I shoot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've used AIM pretty extensively for AR complete 14.5" uppers, bolts, LPK's, bolt carriers, etc.... but damn I never thought to use AIM for CZ products. I didn't even know they carried CZ stuff until you just told me. Thanks!, Thanks a bunch...

I've found that on my P-01 the trigger gets sweeter and sweeter every 500 rounds in the smooth department. A CGW trigger sounds awesome though. I sweat a lot too in GA so I know what you mean...
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So I did the CGW SRS kit in my CZ and it is one sweet ass shooter now.  I cleaned up the sear and smoothed it out, put in the SRS kit, and cleaned up the bottom of the rails. I must say damn the trigger is smoother, light, and crisp now.  Now I just need to look into sights I have a FO front sight coming for it but still unsure about what I want for the rear or if I am just going to flip it around to have a black rear sight.
View Quote

How much poundage would you say it took off trigger pull? What do you think it was before the new trigger?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Went from 8-9# DA to 6-5# DA and from 5-6# SA to 3.5-4# DA.  I would gauge it but I think my gauge is FUBAR and I am going to order a new one.

I used the lighter main spring of the two in the package, a lighter striker block, different lifter, and the extended firing pin.  I also cleaned up some of the machining marks on the sear, and rails which helped a little making it smoother.

I ordered this kit.
https://cajungunworks.com/product/srs-2-short-reset-system-2/

The hardest part was finding the damn lifter spring when I dropped it on my carpet.  Once I started using my brain instead of my eyes I resorted to electromagnetism instead of light reflection to find the tiny as spring.  Other than that I was thinking the CZ would be harder than it is to take down but it was easier than a 1911 detail strip or about the same.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So I did the CGW SRS kit in my CZ and it is one sweet ass shooter now.  I cleaned up the sear and smoothed it out, put in the SRS kit, and cleaned up the bottom of the rails.  I must say damn the trigger is smoother, light, and crisp now.  Now I just need to look into sights I have a FO front sight coming for it but still unsure about what I want for the rear or if I am just going to flip it around to have a black rear sight.
View Quote

What are you using to this? Fine grit sandpaper? What grit?

I was thinking about doing some rail polishing on my PCR and SP-01. I'm not good enough yet to mess with the trigger bar but I'd like to smooth that out too if I could.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I have not had time to do a complete polish all I have done is smooth out the machine tooling marks with Emory cloth.  When I get some time I will take some fine grit paper or stone polish the rail then high polish when done.  I lost a lot of time looking for a damn spring when I was working on it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#35]
That's awesome.  CGW mailed out my PCR today.  Told me its 6lb 14oz with the self defense spring.  I am blown away.  3lb 10 oz for SA.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's awesome.  CGW mailed out my PCR today.  Told me its 6lb 14oz with the self defense spring.  I am blown away.  3lb 10 oz for SA.
View Quote

Why did you not do it yourself?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought it from them as it is fully tuned and they installed the sights i wanted too. Lost too many small parts over the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top