Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/16/2016 9:47:12 PM EDT
Bud's has a bunch of cheap 75s, 85s, and 70s in various conditions for < $300.

I've never shot one. Most of my handguns are Glocks, with one 1911 I got recently and have learned to like after hating 1911s for years. If I were to impulse buy a CZ, what should I get?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
75 would be my pick and thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a 75. You gotta have a CZ75 In your collection.

I just picked up an 85.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the 85s sold out overnight.

Is that a decent deal on the 75s? They look pretty tired cosmetically.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
You wait much longer the 75s will be gone too.  They look beat on the outside, but might only have a few hundred rds fired.  Or 50k rds.  No way to tell going off a pic, but typical euro cop trade in will be shot little, carried a lot.

300 is a bit much, without knowing.

You can't find a better one used for a bit more?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
That is a great deal.  I recently picked up a couple that were worn outside but were like new internally.  Had the local shop Ceracote them in 2 tone.  Look like new.

They have the compacts, the pics aren't shown but they are $269. That is a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You wait much longer the 75s will be gone too.  They look beat on the outside, but might only have a few hundred rds fired.  Or 50k rds.  No way to tell going off a pic, but typical euro cop trade in will be shot little, carried a lot.

300 is a bit much, without knowing.

You can't find a better one used for a bit more?
View Quote

I wasn't/am not in the market for a CZ75 -- it's not like I've been looking for one. I just know people tend to really like the CZ75, and I saw these pop up on Slickguns last night. I guess what I'm asking is whether or not it's a "buy now or you'll regret missing it!" type deal, or just a "decent deal if you were in the market".
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
My experience with CZ has been good, I shoot the 75 a lot.  They can take a lot of rounds, I gave my brother one I had an honest 10k thru, and most of that was the cheep wolf ammo.  It still shoots well.

Those deals pop up often enough.  The imports like that are usually 300, but there are some good deals on used ones to be found too.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Buying these through Buds, there is no guarantee that the picture is what you get correct?  I want to get a round trigger guard CZ75 Pre-B but I could end up with a later model with the square guard, correct?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buying these through Buds, there is no guarantee that the picture is what you get correct?  I want to get a round trigger guard CZ75 Pre-B but I could end up with a later model with the square guard, correct?
View Quote

They have them, it is at a higher cost.  You do get the gun in the picture.  I have had pretty good luck with them

Coles on Gunbroker
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came in today labeled as "good" however paper inside the box states "fair"

n came in today. It's a Model 75, :)

Gun is in decent shape. I'd say between fair and good. Only gripe is the mag is next to impossible to take out of the gun without a firm grip and pull. Needs cleaning inside to possibly remedy the issue. Otherwise, if you guys want more pics of specific areas let me know, or have questions.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Looks great, I wish they had more of these.  I almost ordered the poor condition CZ75 PreB from Buds today, but I'm going to hold out for a nicer example.  They have a fair condition CZ75 Compact for $279, but no picture.  Hard to pull the trigger if there is not even a rough picture of the firearm.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]

What? That is a transitional 85, square trigger guard, spur hammer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I tossed as bid on a 5906 at the same time I posted this thread. Depending on the outcome of that auction (and available stock), I may order one of these 75s tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Doy you guys think the CZ75 Compact that Buds has are manual safety or Decocker?  Alloy or Steel frame?

Used Interarms Surplus CZ 75 Compact 9mm 14+1 Fair

I'm guessing that they are most likely steel frame and safety?

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I can not find them, does anyone have a link?

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Budsgunshop
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#21]
The prices on the Jericho seems to be really good. Anyone order one of them or the cz75 pistols? Well, I just ordered one and will report back when I get it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The prices on the Jericho seems to be really good. Anyone order one of them or the cz75 pistols?
View Quote

I tried to order the compact 75 today, but when I tried to add it to my cart a message popped up. "Reserved for VIP members"
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Budsgunshop
thanks

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I tried to order the compact 75 today, but when I tried to add it to my cart a message popped up. "Reserved for VIP members"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The prices on the Jericho seems to be really good. Anyone order one of them or the cz75 pistols?

Same here
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nigh impossible to say without a picture.

The likelihood is that it's a steel framed safety model but there are a lot of other pistols that CZ called Compact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doy you guys think the CZ75 Compact that Buds has are manual safety or Decocker?  Alloy or Steel frame?

The likelihood is that it's a steel framed safety model but there are a lot of other pistols that CZ called Compact.

From the pictures they just posted it is a steel frame decocker model.  I have one on the way, I looks like they are reserved for club members now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#26]
If I wasn't saving my money up for one of the new P01's I'd have ordered one of those two tone CZ 75's.  Looked rough, but parts are easy to get and refinishing would result in a super nice looking pistol.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ya, those usually have right side slide stop levers

It's missing or broken off....
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is there a line on the frame like a shelf?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the pictures they just posted it is a steel frame decocker model.  I have one on the way, I looks like they are reserved for club members now.

Is there a line on the frame like a shelf?

I am getting it tomorrow.   Will post pictures then
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Pics of the "Fair" condition CZ75D I got from Buds.  I am saying Exterior is Good to Very Good.  The inside is like new.  I took it down and couldn't see much if any wear.  I did replace the original grips with rubber and cut off the lanyard ring.

" />
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I ordered a compact fair and ended up with the same as the poster above.  I will say he got lucky.  Mine is definitely fair with a lot of wear on the exterior.  I'm happy.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered one of the 'fair' 85.  I'll post some pics when I pick it up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I went into the Buds storefront today - had 1 CZ75 compact - appeared to be steel frame with decocker. Listed as fair condition - I would disagree - looked in poor condition. Lots of finish wear and pitting on the frame as well as some pitting in the barrel. Must have been all that was left
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#35]
So, question on these:

Am I interpreting correctly from what I am finding on the net that the magazines for the Jerichos and the CZ-75's are interchangeable?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Can anyone direct me to the correct magazine code so I don't end up with B type magazines?  And does anyone know where to find these for less than $40/each?

Asking because yesterday at the FLFFL, he had some B type mags and while I can't see any difference, the B type mag wouldn't go any higher than about 1/3rd into the mag well.  And it seems apart from Greg Cotell's page and CZ themselves, every other CZ75/85 mag is for a B.

ETA: pictures:

FLFFL says this is a 1988 gun

Feed ramp has seen better days, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with something NOT Dremel.

I think whoever carried this was right handed

All the small parts look good, still need to take the extractor out, clean it and replace the spring.  Springs that are OTW from Wolff are a recoil spring, extractor spring and a hammer spring

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, pulled the trigger on a CZ75 from Buds. It will be my first CZ handgun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pics of the "Fair" condition CZ75D I got from Buds.  I am saying Exterior is Good to Very Good.  The inside is like new.  I took it down and couldn't see much if any wear.  I did replace the original grips with rubber and cut off the lanyard ring.

http://<a href=http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/jwhale64/20160521_144939_zpsujovxwjb.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I should be getting one of these models tomorrow courtesy of Aim Surplus. I can only hope it's in a similar condition.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I should be getting one of these models tomorrow courtesy of Aim Surplus. I can only hope it's in a similar condition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/jwhale64/20160521_144939_zpsujovxwjb.jpg</a>" />

And here it is!  I'm pretty pleased with this.  The only thing that would make it better would be if I had gotten it at the Bud's price.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#41]
If anyone is looking for pre-B mags, CZ is having a 15% off sale at their webstore and the full size mags are product #11114 at $36.55 using code "save15".
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
CDI Sales Pre B

Cleaned up well with some light pitting.

DA is 11 lbs and SA is a consistent 7.0 lbs

Mag brake was removed, SP01 mags lock in and drop free.

Range day tomorrow.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/pmdJZsUij" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/922/dJZsUi.jpg</a>
View Quote

Is CDI marking the,barrel with the import stamp?  I got one a few years back that I couldn't find a mark on anywhere
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Got mine today. The left side grip screw was way out of the gun. It seems to have been an ill thought out repair to a crack in the top of the grip. There also seems to be some kind of a glue like substance under the grip. Possibly part of the same repair. Oh well, I was planning on getting different grips anyway.

Other than the aforementioned issues I like it. Some holster wear, definetly used but not abused. Love the pre B trigger. Much nicer than the Omega on my other 75. After seeing if it works I plan to have it cerakoted in titanium color.

Just one thing though, it says made in the Czech Republic. It's a pre B but takes Normal mags, almost drops free and has a round hammer not a spur. There is a small 94 engraved on the slide right behind the ejection port. Does that mean this was made in 1994? That was a pretty good year for me. I have also heard that older CZ 75s were made out of a higher quality steel than later ones. Is there anything to this? my source was a tad spotty.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Got mine today. The left side grip screw was way out of the gun. It seems to have been an ill thought out repair to a crack in the top of the grip. There also seems to be some kind of a glue like substance under the grip. Possibly part of the same repair. Oh well, I was planning on getting different grips anyway.

Other than the aforementioned issues I like it. Some holster wear, definetly used but not abused. Love the pre B trigger. Much nicer than the Omega on my other 75. After seeing if it works I plan to have it cerakoted in titanium color.

Just one thing though, it says made in the Czech Republic. It's a pre B but takes Normal mags, almost drops free and has a round hammer not a spur. There is a small 94 engraved on the slide right behind the ejection port. Does that mean this was made in 1994? That was a pretty good year for me. I have also heard that older CZ 75s were made out of a higher quality steel than later ones. Is there anything to this? my source was a tad spotty.
View Quote

If it's a 'Republic' gun, it's older than 1993.  

Is this where you found the 94?  Mine's a 1988, making it the same year as my BHP.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is this where you found the 94?  Mine's a 1988, making it the same year as my BHP.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/idpassr/IMG_2516_zpspez6nwpj.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/idpassr/IMG_2516_zpspez6nwpj.jpg

Yep, that's the spot. Thank you
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I got an 85. Similar condition as others in the thread. I field stripped it and took the slide components apart. Temporarily lost the firing pin.

Can anyone explain how to get that firing pin back in and get the retention plate back on?

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If anyone is looking for pre-B mags, CZ is having a 15% off sale at their webstore and the full size mags are product #11114 at $36.55 using code "save15".
View Quote

I missed that sale, and I know some here hate CTD but look- $32.29 for Pre-B mags!

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/cz-usa-75-85-pre-b-handgun-magazine-9mm-luger-full-size-16-rounds-steel-black-finish-11114-806703111148.do
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Two issues with mine after first range session.

Trigger pin walked out on me.

Mag kept ejecting. I think the mag problem was because of the cracked grips. Replacement set arrives tomorrow.

Accuracy is superb. My FFL said that it might be the nicest double single trigger he has ever shot.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the trigger pin issue?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top