Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2016 8:46:50 PM EDT
Out of town and found an indoor range just a few blocks from the hotel. Had a CZ 75B in the rental fleet. Dammit, I was all giddy when done. It was so nice to shoot. I own 3 1911s but I think I'm going to have to add a CZ to my own fleet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you waiting for, do eeeet now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Find your flavor of cz, then take a look at Cajun gunworks.

Your welcome
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
No one can get just one.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have exercised great restraint. I have a Matte stainless CZ but really like the mirror polished version.  I have walked away from several new ones and the used one with the good price was really tough.  I am just finishing therapy.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Not bad 1st 25 rounds with a never before handled piece. 7yrds. I like it a bunch
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep practicing. It should be able to do that at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have exercised great restraint. I have a Matte stainless CZ but really like the mirror polished version.  I have walked away from several new ones and the used one with the good price was really tough.  I am just finishing therapy.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started with a matte stainless 75 B last summer and have since bought a Compact and a Kadet. The Compact is now my main carry gun after 20 years carrying a G19 and I can't imagine switching back.

I want more and the hardest part is deciding which should be next. I'm thinking a Skorpian EVO carbine...

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got the polished stainless CZ 75B. I didn't know they even offered a mirror polished version. I can't seem to find that in their online catalog. That is one pistol that I would really want to get, but, I'm thinking that they don't offer one. At least I can't seem to find one in all of my online searches.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've got the polished stainless CZ 75B. I didn't know they even offered a mirror polished version. I can't seem to find that in their online catalog. That is one pistol that I would really want to get, but, I'm thinking that they don't offer one. At least I can't seem to find one in all of my online searches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AIM Surplus has a high polished stainless version. I'm not sure if it's the mirror or regular version
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#12]
SP01 Shadow is what you want if you don't plan on carrying it .
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Maynard turned me on to this site and now I'm fucking jonesing all the time with no money to buy all the CZ's I see with great prices. Best price for the High gloss stainless I've seen.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes sir they are wonderful pistols the problem is they're like Lay's potato chips; you can eat just one. Welcome to the club
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#17]
CZ 75B SA is what I have and love it. Only issue is finding a holster for it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
<$600 is smokin' for that pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maynard turned me on to this site and now I'm fucking jonesing all the time with no money to buy all the CZ's I see with great prices. Best price for the High gloss stainless I've seen.

https://www.iammo.com/guns/handguns/cz-91108-cz-75-75-b-9mm-4-7-16-1-black-syn-grip-polished-stainless-finish.html

<$600 is smokin' for that pistol.

Yea buddy, tell me something I don't know.

No super models, no millions in the bank ,I'm just a fuck up.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I love CZ's.

Then I found Tanfoglios.

They're like the Ferraris of CZ's.  Clones, but done nicer than the originals.

Check out their website, then pick your jaw off the floor.

Being relatively unknown, they are priced way below guns of a similar quality.  

The elite match 45 is a nice starting point... all the way up to the extremes.  

They are the finest handguns in the world, and I don't know anyone who has shot one that disagrees.  

You can get an elite match 45 for around 700 bucks, and it will beat the pants off any 1911.  They're hand-fit, custom shop master gunsmith produced.   It's ridiculous that they can bring them to market at these prices.  There's a reason the Tanfoglio shooting team is usually #1 in the world every year.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#20]
See... silence after tanfoglio mention.

You don't know 'till you know.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Tanfo Pro Stock II is VERY nice and many guys I shoot with are using them on the USPSA circuit. I am a purist and prefer my worked over 75 or the Tactical Sport. If you haven't laid your hands on a Tac Sport, you really need to find one and try it. SA only and mine's around a 1.5lb trigger. Stacks bullets through the same hole all day at 40 feet. Ridiculous!

The Tanfoglios are indeed a clone. The parts are NOT interchangeable, though the design is from the CZ who is from the Browning Hi Power. During the Cold War, you weren't able to import from Czechoslovakia, so Tanfoglio did a booming business selling their clone. Early on, the Tanfos were pretty crappy when compared to the original. Lately, however, they have been turning out some fantastic guns. Really nice stuff. However, if you think finding aftermarket parts for a CZ is hard, you should try finding stuff for the Tanfo.

Get a CZ and don't look back. The more you shoot them, the better they get. Like a fine wine getting better with age. CZs routinely go 90-100k rounds with no problem. Replace springs, lube, and keep on going. Excellent design.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome. We've been expecting you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#23]
And they all shoot stupid good.  My budget model P07 is only eclipsed by my gunsmiths tuned up Tristar P120, and it's still awful close.

I kinda want a tanfo but I freaking loath EAA and don't want them getting any money..
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Private sale local 75B and 5 extra mags $500. Dammit. No funds. Just bought a lower from Palmetto to put back for later. New I shouldn't have when I hit the checkout button.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

They are the finest handguns in the world, and I don't know anyone who has shot one that disagrees.  

http://www.lvlarmory.com/content/image/photos/original/limited-custom-hc-xtreme-9mm-zbrane-(2).jpg

View Quote

Nothing says Gamer Gun more than a full length dust cover not machined as a rail.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top