Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2016 4:42:49 PM EDT

David personally called me today to go over everything before it shipped.

Here is the Summary:

Pro package with trigger resulting in 6lb 14 oz DA and 3lb 10 oz SA pulls
Flat mainspring cap
Target Crowned Barrel
CGW Match Bushing
2 rubber floor plates for my Mags.  

I added a HiViz Lightwave front sight and a CZ Custom PCR Rear Sight

I also bought some CZ Custom aluminum grips.
http://czcustom.com/cz-75-compact-grips-aluminum-black-checker.html

I added 3x16 mec gar mags and 2x14 round mec gar mags from Greg Cote LLC.

I cannot wait to post pictures.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
OP your nickname must be Lucky ! I've got one and they are great guns. Wish I could send mine there. I'd like new sights on mine for these old eyes. Look at HBE Leather for a great holster. Let us know how it runs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sold two glocks to pay for it. Going with a fiber optic front sight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good trade. My PCR is a favorite. I got interested in decocker models from an old S&W 5924 I've had for years. I'll look into the fiber optics myself. Hope you enjoy it
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good trade. My PCR is a favorite. I got interested in decocker models from an old S&W 5924 I've had for years. I'll look into the fiber optics myself. Hope you enjoy it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cut my teeth on a German P226 in the police academy long ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll love it. I have just about every CZ I own a CGW package in it. Not because it's necessary, but because it turns a 10/10 gun into a 15/10 level of awesome.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Heck, I really like my dad's regular PCR and you're getting the full retard version.   I am jealous!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Heck, I really like my dad's regular PCR and you're getting the full retard version.   I am jealous!
View Quote

I am still trying to figure out what rear sight I will need and I am trying to decide which hammer to go with.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered a CZ Custom PCR Tactical Rear serrated black sight to go with my Fiber optic front and I ordered three 16 round mags from Greg Cote LLC.  This stuff is addicting.  I cant complain having two 14rd mags and three 16rd mags.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just ordered a CZ Custom PCR Tactical Rear serrated black sight to go with my Fiber optic front and I ordered three 16 round mags from Greg Cote LLC.  This stuff is addicting.  I cant complain having two 14rd mags and three 16rd mags.
View Quote

Op your on a roll, congrats. CZ's are such great guns, fun to shot, and you can 'fix" them up almost anyway you wish. Mine also go bang every time I pull the trigger. And I like that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Op your on a roll, congrats. CZ's are such great guns, fun to shot, and you can 'fix" them up almost anyway you wish. Mine also go bang every time I pull the trigger. And I like that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a PCR. But my SP-01 Tactical had the "in shop defense carried package" performed, also had the muzzle re-crowned. I've been a SIG guy for many years, but my SP-01 is the nicest shooting pistol I've ever held.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#12]
This shit is addicting.  Just added barrel crowning to my build and I will buy the upgraded bushing if I can afford it.  I am a glutton.  This is a graduation present to myself though.  I am worth it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered mine today (PCR+upgrades).  10 weeks....FML

I agree though, David is super cool and very helpful.

What is the purpose of getting the barrel crowned?

ETA:  weeks*
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just ordered mine today (PCR+upgrades).  10 months....FML

View Quote

Some say accuracy. Others for protecting the muzzle. I just like it for looks being a 1911 guy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some say accuracy. Others for protecting the muzzle. I just like it for looks being a 1911 guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered mine today (PCR+upgrades).  10 months....FML

Oh right on.  I'll think about doing that then.  These 10 weeks are going to be the longest of my life, I swear
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/schmeky/media/BarrelCrowning001.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/schmeky/BarrelCrowning001.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/schmeky/media/BarrelCrowning001.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/schmeky/BarrelCrowning001.jpg</a>

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t516/derek058/14vskl_zpsslm7fbup.jpg

It was only $30.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#19]
It was only $30.
View Quote

Famous last words, dude
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I did my own pro package and it is amazing. I am 100% sure that the in house would be even better.
Congratulations you will love it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Got bored while waiting and added the match bushing, barrel crowning, and flat mainspring housing.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#22]

CZ SP-01 Cajun Gunworks defensive carry package with Robar NP3+ refinish and original black controls and grips. 3lb 6oz single action, 6 lb 10 oz double action. Sweetest shooter I own now. Second CGW job I have had done. I have two other CZs done by Matt Mink at automatic accuracy
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I was following your thread.  Thanks for the grips btw.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was following your thread.  Thanks for the grips btw.  
View Quote

Haha you're welcome! I'm headed to post office in a minute. Slept in. Was out all night with the hoodleheads causing trouble ;)
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I did my own pro package and it is amazing. I am 100% sure that the in house would be even better.
Congratulations you will love it.
View Quote

I sent my pre-B 75 to CGW and told him to leave it looking completely factory on the outside but as light as possible on the inside. I was not disappointed. Having a competent gunsmith change the sear angles and polish action surfaces is a night and day difference from any Joe Schmoe dropping in a couple springs and reassembling their gun. David took my DA down from 14 to 7 lbs 2 oz and my SA from 8 to about 5 lbs with a nicer reset and smoother travel. It's a dream to shoot a classic gun like that
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#26]
It is finally coming!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]
It's here.  Gonna shoot Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's here.  Gonna shoot Sunday.
View Quote

Oh you suck so bad!!  I want mine to be here!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Got my PCR this week. Not cajunized... not sure if I'll do any serious customization to it. Hopefully I'll get to the range Saturday or Sunday morning. Got ammo, got mags (Greg Cote has MecGar mags if you need some).

There is an IDPA match this Saturday morning... I think I have a CZ75 belt slide holster somewhere I could use. Just need to see if I could find a mag carrier at a local store Friday. I'll probably wait, tho. Want to get a few magazines through it before I try to use it in a match.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got my PCR this week. Not cajunized... not sure if I'll do any serious customization to it. Hopefully I'll get to the range Saturday or Sunday morning. Got ammo, got mags (Greg Cote has MecGar mags if you need some).

There is an IDPA match this Saturday morning... I think I have a CZ75 belt slide holster somewhere I could use. Just need to see if I could find a mag carrier at a local store Friday. I'll probably wait, tho. Want to get a few magazines through it before I try to use it in a match.
View Quote

I only have 7 so far.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only thing I felt the PCR "needs" is a DA reduction. It's so heavy that it's very difficult to transition properly from DA to SA. I threw in the Ultra-Lite Cajun SD Kit with 13# hammer spring and it is so much better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The only thing I felt the PCR "needs" is a DA reduction. It's so heavy that it's very difficult to transition properly from DA to SA. I threw in the Ultra-Lite Cajun SD Kit with 13# hammer spring and it is so much better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine has the DA reduction and SA reduction.  Brings it back 5mm.  Reset is under 4mm on S/A.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Mine has the DA reduction and SA reduction.  Brings it back 5mm.  Reset is under 4mm on S/A.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

May need to look into that. Will probably hit the range tomorrow (Sunday) morning. The DA trigger pull IS a bit heavy, but the extremely curved trigger causes some discomfort on the bottom of my finger as I pull. I'd like a less curved trigger in there. Lower weight wouldn't be bad either.

Does your PCR have a "in the white" trigger? Serrated? Mine came with a smooth blued trigger. The barrel is also blued. I think almost every picture I've seen shows the trigger and barrel "in the white".

Still a damn fine little pistol. I know I'll love it
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Ordered parts from CGW tonight... old style trigger, floating trigger pin, lightweight kit and a couple other small bits.

Found a video of the disassembly... doesn't look to be TOO difficult. Will need to get some toothpicks or something, though. Seems the decocker housing is much easier to deal with if you drive the pin out and stick a dowel or something in there to hold it together while you remove it. Same with the trigger return spring on its pin.

Probably next weekend I'll be able to get to the work. I hope it doesn't end up being a pain in the ass. I already love the shit out of my PCR... this will make it so much better!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Congrats on the cgw parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top