Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2016 3:08:44 AM EDT
Hello,

I am considering getting a P07 for ccw. I want to use it in single action exclusively like a 1911.

I have heard from a few that the pistol works much better as a double action.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer to use it as a DA/SA, but SAO only works just fine. It's important to note that with a P07 setup as a SAO if it failed to fire it would revert to double action for the next trigger pull.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have my P09 setup for SA carry.  The beauty is that you can still carry it as a DA/SA, just without the decocker, which is fine with me.  The only concern is that when carrying cocked-and-locked, the safety is flatter than most 1911's.  It works fine, but will take some training to get comfortable with it...you standard sweep will work fine, but it feels different.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Been carrying my P07 cocked and locked for about 2 years now.  If/when I carry the P09 I carry it cocked and locked, too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm an old 1911/2011 shooter

i run my P-09 cocked& locked

if I get a P-07, I'll do the same
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Cajun gun works is cooking up a SAO kit for the P07 and P09
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully, that will include a 1911 style thumb safety.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bounce Bounce Bouce

Seriously that would up my interest in the P07 a thousandfold.  The SA takeup feels like forever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope.

Subject: SAO kit for P07/P09

Message Body:
Here is a thread that claims you're developing a SAO kit for duty series guns:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_37/168248_P07_as_a_Single_action.html

Just wondered if it's true and if so, when do you expect it to be available?
Thanks for your time.

David Milam <[email protected]>
8:11 PM (11 hours ago)
We are not at this time.  We have not received sufficient requests to develop an SAO trigger for P-07/09 . . . yet.

david
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a P-07 for similar reasons as you, wanted a DA/SA gun for CCW that could also be carried C&L like a 1911. Your experience may vary but neither me or anyone I know could deactivate the safety on my P-07 without a fairly significant grip change to swipe the safety off then having to readjust to reacquire a firing grip. The safety is placed way too far forward and too high and isn't pronounced enough IMO to be very useful. I just uninstalled the safety and put the decocker back in my gun and that's probably unfortunately they way it will have to stay unless someone designs a more useful lever, if that's even possible with the location of the safety lever on the frame.

Not trying to bash the gun as it might work just fine for you but it's something Ive read that other people had a problem with also so I wanted to warn you so you don't end up disappointed. The guns come with a decocker installed not the safety so see if you have a hard time decocking it without changing your grip and if you do you'll more than likely have a problem swiping the safety without a grip change.  If you're fine with that then go ahead but just wanted to put a friendly FYI so you don't end up disappointed as the 1911 safety is much better placed and more easily used.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:... neither me or anyone I know could deactivate the safety on my P-07 without a fairly significant grip change to swipe the safety off then having to readjust to reacquire a firing grip. ....
View Quote

I have no troubles

Like I said, I grew up shooting 1911's

spent my adult life shooting matches with 1911's/2011's

I'm 6'4" and have fairly large hands

it's a little different, but I find the muscle memory close enough
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a P 09 that I do cocked and locked for bump in the night. I have average/medium hands which require me to adjust my grip to disengage the safety. I'd pay good money for an extended safety lever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
..... I'd pay good money for an extended safety lever.
View Quote

I will say, it's not as easy to re-engage the safety

wonder if one could be welded up to be more like an Ed Brown/Wilson/STI  type

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#14]
JB Weld works great.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#15]
my b.  It's actually Bruce Gray, not CGW

No idea who it is. I'm herp derping too much
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Cool! I don't like the p-safety either, this is nice work!

Did you just build it up with JB, or did you attach something?  Very nice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No worries. I got so excited when I read your post. I had to know for sure.

Quoted:

Cool! I don't like the p-safety either, this is nice work!

Did you just build it up with JB, or did you attach something?  Very nice.

Thanks. I used a really rough grit sanding drum on the slow speed setting for the surface. Then built it up with JB and shaped it with a small diameter, fine grit sanding drum. I thought about using small wood screws for structural support but decided to try straight JB first. 900 rounds later and no issues.

Quoted:

If that was welded up steel,  I'd try to buy it

I hear ya. I can't understand why nobody has machined something like this from bar stock. I would pay top dollar. If I had the knowledge and access to a cnc machine I would've been churning these out three years ago.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually don't know who it is now lol. I thought the username said BruceG, I tried looking for the thread and it's another username called Raining Brass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought a P-07 for similar reasons as you, wanted a DA/SA gun for CCW that could also be carried C&L like a 1911. Your experience may vary but neither me or anyone I know could deactivate the safety on my P-07 without a fairly significant grip change to swipe the safety off then having to readjust to reacquire a firing grip. The safety is placed way too far forward and too high and isn't pronounced enough IMO to be very useful. I just uninstalled the safety and put the decocker back in my gun and that's probably unfortunately they way it will have to stay unless someone designs a more useful lever, if that's even possible with the location of the safety lever on the frame.

Not trying to bash the gun as it might work just fine for you but it's something Ive read that other people had a problem with also so I wanted to warn you so you don't end up disappointed. The guns come with a decocker installed not the safety so see if you have a hard time decocking it without changing your grip and if you do you'll more than likely have a problem swiping the safety without a grip change.  If you're fine with that then go ahead but just wanted to put a friendly FYI so you don't end up disappointed as the 1911 safety is much better placed and more easily used.
View Quote

Agreed.

My P-07 is used as a carry, with de-cocker.

My P-09 range toy has the safety.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#21]
i carry my 07 cocked and locked. i beveled the read edge of the safety so my thumb could get more leverage on the front. works great for me
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:=

Any opinions on this?

Thanks.
View Quote

A good kydex holster that covers the trigger. Cocked and unlocked. Just like a Glock or M&P.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top