Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2016 8:11:55 PM EDT
As the title says... I'm looking to swap in a 75BSA flat style trigger to my every day carry P-01. Will a stock 75BSA trigger work in a P-01? I'm no stranger to hand fitting/filing parts to match and fit if it's at all possible. I carry my P-01 on half cock so the first pull is DA. The reach on the stock P-01 is not bad at all but I would like to have less of a reach in DA mode. If the 75BSA trigger won't work in a P-01 does someone make a quality trigger patterned after a flatter styled trigger? Also, in my experience the flatter the trigger profile the lighter the trigger squeeze, "poundage" feels as well.

Thanks for the help fellas! Out of all my 1911's, M&P's, and Colts... the CZ has become my favorite pistol of all and I really want/need a flatter profile trigger for this nearly perfect P-01 carry piece...
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
P01 has a decocker, the flat trigger is based on SAO with safety. No go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
P01 has a decocker, the flat trigger is based on SAO with safety. No go.
View Quote

Yeah I figured as much but I thought I would ask you guys... I checked out CGW and their triggers are all about the same profile as the stock P-01 trigger. Someone somewhere is bound to have made a flatter profile or will in the near future as popular as the P-01 is. Thanks for confirming the 75BSA question for me Bosn1ac...

ETA: Anyone else know of a flatter trigger profile that works with the P-01 or an SP-01???
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It isn't completely flat, but you can get the old style 85c triggers or the 97BD triggers. I threw a 97BD trigger in mine. Feels much better now. I got mine here. The 87c triggers, which are the same thing but with an overtravel screw, are here. I believe that's about as flat as you can get on a decocker model. The safety models can be switched to SAO and have the flat face triggers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It isn't completely flat, but you can get the old style 85c triggers or the 97BD triggers. I threw a 97BD trigger in mine. Feels much better now. I got mine here. The 87c triggers, which are the same thing but with an overtravel screw, are here. I believe that's about as flat as you can get on a decocker model. The safety models can be switched to SAO and have the flat face triggers.
View Quote

Thanks Ragingyeti! My brother just got a PCR, (P-01's) are really hard to find in our area... His PCR trigger seems to be a flatter profile like the triggers you posted above, like the 85c trigger. Did your swap improve the feel of the double action/first pull? I have above average size hands and they are thick. I don't even try to shoot 1911's or BHP's that have spur hammers without the accompanying beaver tail due to severe hammer bite. My only problem with the P-01 is when carrying with the hammer in the half cock position it has a bit of a long reach for me to pull for that first pull. Something a flat trigger profile like that comes on the 75-B-SA model would remedy. The P-01 first pull is far from uncomfortable... I'm just trying to make it the perfect carry pistol for me. It's darn near perfect in every other way. Something that no other pistol has ever came close and I've carried a lot of pistols in the past. Thanks for the reply's!
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Cajun Gun Works reach reduction kit and 85 trigger.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks Ragingyeti! My brother just got a PCR, (P-01's) are really hard to find in our area... His PCR trigger seems to be a flatter profile like the triggers you posted above, like the 85c trigger. Did your swap improve the feel of the double action/first pull? I have above average size hands and they are thick. I don't even try to shoot 1911's or BHP's that have spur hammers without the accompanying beaver tail due to severe hammer bite. My only problem with the P-01 is when carrying with the hammer in the half cock position it has a bit of a long reach for me to pull for that first pull. Something a flat trigger profile like that comes on the 75-B-SA model would remedy. The P-01 first pull is far from uncomfortable... I'm just trying to make it the perfect carry pistol for me. It's darn near perfect in every other way. Something that no other pistol has ever came close and I've carried a lot of pistols in the past. Thanks for the reply's!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to say. I swapped the trigger out and did a lot of other work on the pistol, so I'm not really sure what is actually attributed to the trigger shape itself. All I know is that right now, its amazing for me. Everyone likes different things, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top