Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 5:03:30 PM EDT
I went to the local gun show looking for an SP-01 but, found this neglected Pre-B sitting on a vendor's table and couldn't resist going for the classic. The date is double stampe for 1985 behind the ejection port. It came with one mag(non matching #), tattered original box, test target, manual, warranty card?, and an old  target from the previous owner. No import marks.  Does anyone know who made the grips? Also, my 75B(mec-gar 16rnd)mags fit but, are snug....has anyone carefully opened up the mag well to permit late model mag use on these?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice find.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Beauty!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn that looks good. I love the spur hammers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice grab!   I still need to find a way to get a SP-01 though...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice Pre-B. I love mine too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased one of these back in the early 1990's and regretted selling it. It had a trigger pull that was far superior to the CZ 75B pistols (I have a CZ 75B now). The only thing I hated was that the magazines were not drop free. I believe the mainspring ( a leaf spring if I remember) inside the grip pushes on the back of the magazine that is loaded into the magazine well. That causes friction on the back of the magazine and causes the magazine to stick in the magazine well when hitting the magazine release button. The newer CZ 85 supposedly corrected that problem. I never looked into the CZ 85.

Good luck with that CZ 75. I've no doubt the trigger is fantastic. The wood grips look like Nills Grips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top