Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2016 11:23:17 PM EDT
Got a P09, and a Deltapoint Pro with buis that needs mating. Can anyone point me to a top shelf gunsmith to do a slide cut?

Tried contacting CZ Custom, but Stuart pretty much stopped responding after he gave me a ballpark figure.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
<Removed.  If you wish to advertise on the site please contact: [email protected]>
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got the slide back from Primary Machine.

As expected, everything looks great, and initial impressions are positive. The optional BUIS does not interfere with the hammer dropping. I plan on hitting the range this weekend to break her in, and get the optic zero'd. One big positive about getting the RDS installed is the fact that you can grab the slide much easier from the rear to rack the slide.
Some details on the gun:

• P-09, setup with the safety (Cocked and locked 1911 style)

• Leupold Deltapoint Pro with BUIS, mated to slide by Primary Machine

• Warren suppressor front sight (red FO) supplied by Primary Machine

• Burnt Bronze Cerakote by Primary Machine

• Surefire X300U-B

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for range report - thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Just mounted my FF3 to my P-09 via the Springer dovetail. Only a few mags through it so far, so I'm still dialing in the zero. My first RDS on a handgun and it's pretty sweet.

I'm not sure if I'll buck up for a machined slide anytime soon, but they sure do look better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just mounted my FF3 to my P-09 via the Springer dovetail. Only a few mags through it so far, so I'm still dialing in the zero. My first RDS on a handgun and it's pretty sweet.

I'm not sure if I'll buck up for a machined slide anytime soon, but they sure do look better.
View Quote

Fwiw, I paid a total of $220 to disassemble the slide, mill and fit the rds, cerakote, supply and install the fiber optic sight.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Range Report (5/2/16)

I'm happy to report that there were zero malfunctions with the
pistol, despite the new coat of Cerakote. Even my Glock 19 had issues
the first 100 rounds after my slide was Cerakoted. Shot 220 rounds, 200 rounds of WWB 9mm 115 gr, and 20 rounds of Speer 124 +p Gold Dots. Initial zero of the RDS at 7 yards was quick and easy. I initially lined up the red dot to the front/rear sights (windage only) and went from there. Windage was dead on, and the elevation required 10 clicks up to zero. Only used 10 rounds to zero and confirm.

At 7 yards, I pretty much did 1-2" groups slow firing. Grouping @ 15 and 20 yards were much harder, as I usually never go out that far with regular pistol sights. One thing I've noticed with an RDS is how quickly your mistakes are magnified at longer distances. I really had to buckle down and focus on proper grip and trigger pull to get my groups to tighten up.

This was my final 9 rounds at 15 yards. Considering I'm just a regular joe, I'm very happy with the results, and I'm hoping some additional practice with the Deltapoint will tighten up those groups. (The target is 8" in dia.)

Quick notes:

1. Target acquisition was quick and easy from the get-go. Kept both eyes open like my Aimpoint T2 and everything lined up without issues for me.

2. The Surefire X300U-B came loose multiple times. Never had issues with the -A model.

3. I may have CGW tweak my trigger. The pre-travel is a bit long for me, but the pull after you hit the wall never bothered me.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for posting and interestingly (at least to me )

CZ Custom has a ready for optic P-09 for sale.

CZ P09 Production Optic Ready
Multi-Optic cut and CZ Custom Trigger Work.
P09 Pistol with CZ Custom P09 Trigger job and Multi Red DOT sight Cut

$819

Link left cold:  http://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-p09-carry-optic.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top