Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 12:19:44 AM EDT
I have a PCR and an SP01 that I may or may not want to get refinished. But I'm not even sure exactly what the factory finish is on the CZs:

For steel, is it paint over phosphate? Or paint over bare metal?

For aluminum, is it paint over anodize, or paint over bare metal?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
For the steel guns, it is electrostatic paint over clean steel. I know because I stripped a few myself.

I've never worked on an aluminum frame
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the steel guns, it is electrostatic paint over clean steel. I know because I stripped a few myself.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know there is phosphating below the paint (actually powder coat) on my SP01.  You can see it in the interior on the frame where the powder coat isn't at.  Are the CZ's that you refinished older or is it model dependent?

From the FAQ on the CZ-USA website:
Q: “What is the finish called “Black polycoat?”

A: Black polycoat is an electrostaticly-applied powder coating that is then oven cured to a hard shell. The coating is applied over a phosphate finish which is very corrosion resistant in itself, the parts are then racked, given a negative charge and sprayed. This charged attraction literally draws the coating to the parts, reducing overspray. The parts are cured in an oven, producing a tough finish that meets Mil. Spec.

http://cz-usa.com/support/faq/

I don't own an aluminum frame CZ but from what I've seen, it looks like the paint is applied over bare aluminum but that is just my assumption.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine were both old-school CZ-75 SA models(1998-2002), so apparently my information is a bit antiquated.

Sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top