Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 5:50:00 PM EDT
So I'm selling several guns and really slimming down my reloading stuff because I don't get to shoot nearly as much as I want/need to.
And then.....
This happens:

</a>" />

Listed as new. Spur of the moment purchase, seemed like a great price so I agreed to purchase it. Send payment out tomorrow morning. Honestly I know very little about them and really have no need for it but couldn't pass up on the price.

All comments/opinions/ experiences are welcomed
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice !  Since the frame is threaded, i would have to slap a thumb rest on it.

Enjoy that beauty sir !
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the portion of the frame you are  referring to is for the c-more.
And thank you.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look at the new Orange Sport, the rest uses two of the scope mount holes.
It looks good on that pistol, at least.

ETA:
Went and looked again, i think i am wrong about this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
That does look real good and I think I would really like the feel of it. I wonder if there's a mount that could be used/made that would be able to host the optic and have a thumb rest?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I would call and ask about it. It may cover the third hole,don't see why they would have two different hole patterns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have one just as a range toy to plink with? I wish limited division allowed 9mm major. I'm kinda concerned with using a optic and then losing my skills with irons.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It's still absolutely ridiculous that the CM comes with a set of sights. They already had a pistol like that - the TS. All of the extra bits (sights, spare barrels) just make the CM more expensive than it should be. That, along with it being the wrong caliber, stopped me from getting one.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That does look real good and I think I would really like the feel of it. I wonder if there's a mount that could be used/made that would be able to host the optic and have a thumb rest?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Of course. It is very common in Open. There are both mounts with thumb rests built in, and thumb rests that go over the mount.

Quoted:
I'm kinda concerned with using a optic and then losing my skills with irons.

Put dots on all the things.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Walkure for the information. Right now I'm thinking I made a bad choice. It's not the money aspect of it, it's just I honestly won't get to shoot it more than a couple times a year. Of those couple times once or twice a year may be a local uspsa match but I think I would be better off in production class.

Production class for the "fun" aspect of the sport. I see limited and open guys flip shit when they drop a point or worse yet a gun malfunction occurs. I would like to go and have fun and not have 20 people in my group wondering why I'm not a pro just because of my pistol choice.

The gun should arrive Monday or so. It's new, I may just mess around with a little at home and see how it feels before I go shoot it. I'm sure value drops quite a bit once something like this is actually fired.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would like to go and have fun and not have 20 people in my group wondering why I'm not a pro just because of my pistol choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would like to go and have fun and not have 20 people in my group wondering why I'm not a pro just because of my pistol choice.

In general, you won't find that sentiment at all. Plenty of C and D Open shooters out there. Nobody around here would expect anything of anyone just because they choose to run certain gear. (Those of us who expect certain things from ourselves or from others we know closely is a different story.)

As in any sport, there will always be those who have certain attitudes, but in general I have found USPSA to be one of the most open sporting communities. (Far moreso than certain other shooting sports, in fact.)

Quoted:
I'm sure value drops quite a bit once something like this is actually fired.

I'm not sure how much more, if any, you'd get out of an unfired one versus one with little use. It's not like they are collector's items. These are guns we buy to use, and generally, pretty hard.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's still absolutely ridiculous that the CM comes with a set of sights. They already had a pistol like that - the TS. All of the extra bits (sights, spare barrels) just make the CM more expensive than it should be. That, along with it being the wrong caliber, sto

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/s2JSEq" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7646/17084957596_591757b834_o.jpg</a>

Put dots on all the things.
View Quote

Oh Jeebus.  Would.

I'm assuming that's a Tanfo?  Amazing looking pistol.  My wife has a thing for CZ's (and Berettas) and has wanted an open-type gun for 20 years.  Probably ought to at some point...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks Walkure for the information. Right now I'm thinking I made a bad choice. It's not the money aspect of it, it's just I honestly won't get to shoot it more than a couple times a year. Of those couple times once or twice a year may be a local uspsa match but I think I would be better off in production class.

Production class for the "fun" aspect of the sport. I see limited and open guys flip shit when they drop a point or worse yet a gun malfunction occurs. I would like to go and have fun and not have 20 people in my group wondering why I'm not a pro just because of my pistol choice.

The gun should arrive Monday or so. It's new, I may just mess around with a little at home and see how it feels before I go shoot it. I'm sure value drops quite a bit once something like this is actually fired.
View Quote

Shoot it. Get an optic and try it.  IMHO, messing with a significantly different weapon helps you get better at the fundamentals.

I've shot Limited, Production, and Single Stack.  There are guys who flip shit when they drop a point regardless of the division.  In fact, it may be worse in Production when you're shooting minor with limited mag capacity and relatively stock guns.

A Czechmate can be your entry into something very, very cool.  Even if you shoot Winchester White Box minor ammo in USPSA, you may get a taste for the dot.  It may be the perfect platform to get you started in 3 gun outlaw open.  Just add another impractical firearm like a Saiga 12 gauge...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm assuming that's a Tanfo?  Amazing looking pistol.  My wife has a thing for CZ's (and Berettas) and has wanted an open-type gun for 20 years.  Probably ought to at some point...
View Quote

Started life as a Tanfoglio Limited. Comp and machine work by Canyon Creek Custom. Action work and tuning by CGS.

I used to have a Gold Team "V12". Too many holes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
congrats on the purchase! I have a halfway tricked out TS that is a blast to shoot. I plink with it, shoot steel matches with it. whatever.  I wouldnt begrudge  your for having that fancy of a range toy
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#14]
It came with the c-more and all that stuff so it should be ready to rock and roll out of the gate in open class.  I reload so I'll have to work up a 9 major load that shoots well. If value really isn't going to drop much then maybe I'll practice chasing the dot and try a open match. Will need a holster of course but I have all the other gear.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
"It's still absolutely ridiculous that the CM comes with a set of sights. They already had a pistol like that - the TS. All of the extra bits (sights, spare barrels) just make the CM more expensive than it should be. That, along with it being the wrong caliber, stopped me from getting one."

I agree that all that adds additional cost however for me the caliber is correct. I have zero interest in shooting 40 or owning a 40 cal gun. I think limited would be the class I would like the most but there's no real reason if I'm going to be scored minor.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I agree that all that adds additional cost however for me the caliber is correct. I have zero interest in shooting 40 or owning a 40 cal gun. I think limited would be the class I would like the most but there's no real reason if I'm going to be scored minor.
View Quote

.40 would make absolutely zero sense. Nobody sane would buy one. The "right caliber" I'm talking about is .38 Super.

Also, it's Division, not Class.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for setting me straight. I didn't think about 38 super but from the couple matches I shot (single stack division and production) I lost a lot of brass. I'll have to do some reading up on 38 super and why it's preferred.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks for setting me straight. I didn't think about 38 super but from the couple matches I shot (single stack division and production) I lost a lot of brass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks for setting me straight. I didn't think about 38 super but from the couple matches I shot (single stack division and production) I lost a lot of brass.

There are really only two calibers for Open, 9mm (Major) and .38 Super (though typically Supercomp, a rimless variant). Around here, more people are actually shooting .38SC now. I lose brass in every caliber. In fact, I am always hurting for 9mm brass more than anything. (With the most brass in .40, and the second most in 38SC.)

Quoted:
I'll have to do some reading up on 38 super and why it's preferred.

There are a couple of reasons. One is that 38 Super has plenty of published (book) loads that will make major. You will NOT find any major 9mm data in reloading manuals, as you have to push WAY outside of the pressure limits (and often at very long OAL as well) to get it. The other big reason is that 38 allows you to use more powder; more powder = more gas = better working comp. So you get more choices of powder, and can use more of it, all with much higher safety margins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top