Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2015 8:39:58 PM EDT
Anyone have or shot both and want to weigh in?

Looks like either would be good to go for USPSA production, and I'm aware of the accu shadows idpa ban.

I have a 75 SA and a P-01 that are both CGWd out and are great guns.  Want a shadow, trying to decide if the accu shadow is worth the slight premium over the CGW Shadow.  Tempted to go for it just to try something from CZC since I already have two Cajun guns, and the claim of a 1911 single action trigger quality and accuracy claims have me intrigued so leaning towards Accu Shadow, but willing to hear from y'all on it.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
so I have not shot either of the two.... but - I did just go into the CZ custom shop today since I am local.  I've been looking into getting an Accu Shadow myself and I was pretty impressed.  The CZC Accu Shadow was crazy smooth (basically an accushadow using the CZC extended barrel they make in house).  I have never shot or handled a CJW shadow but the CZ custom guys seemed cool and the accu shadows were impressive.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but - I did just go into the CZ custom shop today since I am local. .
View Quote

Well, I hate you.

If I could do that it would 100% solve my dilemma.  I've very familiar with CGW guns, but haven't gotten a chance to fondle or shoot an Accu Shadow.  It's real tempting to go that route just to try something new.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two CZ custom shop guns, an accu shadow and a semicompact custom. I also have a CZ97b that was sent to Cajun gun works for the "E" package. They are all great guns, can shoot way above my capabilities. I know these are only three guns from thousands they have both customized, but the best triggers jobs have to go to CZ Customs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, I hate you.

If I could do that it would 100% solve my dilemma.  I've very familiar with CGW guns, but haven't gotten a chance to fondle or shoot an Accu Shadow.  It's real tempting to go that route just to try something new.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
but - I did just go into the CZ custom shop today since I am local. .

Well, I hate you.

Be jealous.... I pulled triggers and racked on about every model they offer.  I might make it a monthly appointment lol.  If  you just have cash burning a hole in your pocket... nut up and get the full blown CZC Accu Shadow:

http://czcustom.com/czcaccushadowblk.aspx

It will describe racking it like this:  single handed charging a mega nickel boron AR with a large latch charging handle of your choice with a JP silent captured buffer spring that has been freshly cleaned and lubricated.  Soooo smooth and you can probably have them use a threaded barrel instead of the "extended" barrel.... then shoot it and let the rest of us know how glorious it is to actually shoot!
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My ACCU Shadow is pretty accurate.

Sandbagged at 25 yards.  That shot to the left is a called flier.

It's my only CZ.  I have no other frame of reference.

I've only put an 11.5 lb hammerspring and CGW trigger pin in it.  It has a little more grip tape on it, and it's my USPSA Production gun.

It's ridiculously smooth, and the trigger is one of the best I've ever felt (I've felt some marginally better 2011 triggers.).  Reset is SHORT! Break is very clean.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been very satisfied with my CZC Compact L's trigger jobs. I was thinking of sending one in for the accu job and threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Accu Shadow & a 75SA with a trigger job. The Accu Shadow outshoots the SA by a LOT & has a better trigger as well. I cannot imagine a better 9mm to own & I own a Sig P-210, H&K P7M8, etc.

CZ is truly an amazing company, IMO.  

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top