Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2015 7:08:25 PM EDT
So I currently have an SP01 that I absolutely love to shoot. It's very pleasant and just feels right. I'm considering getting a P09 w/ the threaded barrel and selling my Glock 19 with some additional parts as 1) I don't feel it's as good a host as my Sig 226 9mm and 2) I feel I can't grip it too well. My SP01 I grip very well, and I can make very quick follow up shots.

So to anyone who has shot both a Glock 19 w/ a suppressor and a CZ P09, please give me a solid comparison. I was considering getting a threaded barrel for my SP01, but since the barrel and fitting it would be around $375, I figure another $125 could get me a whole new gun.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Cajun gun works has SP01 threaded barrels as well that are cheaper then what you posted in the OP
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I just purchased a threaded CZ barrel for my CZ75 P01.  I was able to very easily fit it myself.  

The P01 makes a much better host than my Sig P228.  It is queiter to my ear and has MUCH less blowback.  I am sure the SP01 would be pleasant to shoot suppressed, the only thing I would caution you about is weight.  SP01s are already very heavy guns, a silencer on the end of one would only make that worse.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW I just purchased a threaded CZ barrel for my CZ75 P01.  I was able to very easily fit it myself.  

The P01 makes a much better host than my Sig P228.  It is queiter to my ear and has MUCH less blowback.  I am sure the SP01 would be pleasant to shoot suppressed, the only thing I would caution you about is weight.  SP01s are already very heavy guns, a silencer on the end of one would only make that worse.
View Quote

Where did you find one? I haven't been able to find any.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a suppressed 75B for quite a while - ADCO semi-permanent extension. Sold it fairly recently.

FWIW, I have yet to find a better host than a Beretta 92.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/043004940102_Threaded-Barrel-Compact-9mm-12x28

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/043004940102_Threaded-Barrel-Compact-9mm-12x28  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

have you been able to test it out yet? I have been thinking about doing this myself. What Can are you using?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeaaa, I thought about buying a threaded barrel for my SP01, but then realized I'd be holding 4lbs for a handgun setup. So I bought a PO9 SR the other day and am awaiting shipment now. Or at least that's the excuse I told myself when clicking the "Add to cart" button.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]
There was talk of a threaded barrel with suppressor sights model being released at SHOT 2016.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There was talk of a threaded barrel with suppressor sights model being released at SHOT 2016.
View Quote

I heard this as well. Was trying to hold off and get one of those. And an osprey
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the PO9? There already is a threaded model. I also don't care for suppressor height sights much as I shoot through the can.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Ahhh, for the PO1. Not too shabby.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ahhh, for the PO1. Not too shabby.
View All Quotes

Look at the picture, the article is screwed up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So it's a PO7, oh. Luckily I wasn't looking for a compact gun this time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Found a long barrel from CZ for my 75B - $123.45 shipped last December.  Fitted it so it went into battery.  Have to throat chamber a bit.

Then off to get chopped and threaded.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got my P09 yesterday... And I'm already in love with it. Excellent ergonomics for the most part. Only thing I may change is get an extended mag release. Has a very natural point of aim just like my SP01 does.

Now I just need to get new sights for it..
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the P01 I referenced above.  I have installed LPA sights, a CZ threaded barrel, and a 22LB Wolff recoil spring.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here is the P01 I referenced above.  I have installed LPA sights, a CZ threaded barrel, and a 22LB Wolff recoil spring.
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/freeride12/IMG_7439.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/freeride12/IMG_7439.jpg

Hows that set up run?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Like a top.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Like a top.
View Quote

Nice, might have to put one of those together.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Found a long barrel from CZ for my 75B - $123.45 shipped last December.  Fitted it so it went into battery.  Have to throat chamber a bit.

View Quote

Keep in mind that a 75B doesn't really have enough wall thickness on the barrel to properly index on the shoulder. You'll need a can that can index on the face of the muzzle, and have the threads cut to the appropriate depth to allow for that. The other option is a semi-permanent extension with additional shoulder - it can't be permanent, as then you wouldn't be able to remove the barrel, but it needs to be loctited or otherwise securely locked down during use.

The P-01/SP-01 has a thicker barrel that eliminates this issue; they can use an extended barrel or a permanent extension that is the same OD as the barrel itself (i.e., a two-piece extended-and-threaded barrel).
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Keep in mind that a 75B doesn't really have enough wall thickness on the barrel to properly index on the shoulder. You'll need a can that can index on the face of the muzzle, and have the threads cut to the appropriate depth to allow for that. The other option is a semi-permanent extension with additional shoulder - it can't be permanent, as then you wouldn't be able to remove the barrel, but it needs to be loctited or otherwise securely locked down during use.

The P-01/SP-01 has a thicker barrel that eliminates this issue; they can use an extended barrel or a permanent extension that is the same OD as the barrel itself (i.e., a two-piece extended-and-threaded barrel).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that info.  Need to find out how it will work with my Octane 45HD. Hope it can index on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Did anyone see the Kentucky Gun Co black friday ad?  They have an exclusive CZ model and it looks like they will get my money.  It is a threaded barrel SP-01 tactical with suppressor height night sights for $747.  Check it out here:  Black Friday Ad

ETA:

Direct link to it on their website:  http://www.kygunco.com/cz-75-sp-01-tactical-tb-112734
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did anyone see the Kentucky Gun Co black friday ad?  They have an exclusive CZ model and it looks like they will get my money.  It is a threaded barrel SP-01 tactical with suppressor height night sights for $747.  Check it out here:  Black Friday Ad

ETA:

Direct link to it on their website:  http://www.kygunco.com/cz-75-sp-01-tactical-tb-112734
View Quote

Came here to post this!

and also found this nugget:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/cz-75-9mm-threaded-barrel-12x28-15725-plus-shipping-after-save15-coupon

edit: . the SP01 barrels aren't available yet .

(coupon code works for everything so maybe some mags etc etc might be needed!)
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ETA:

View Quote

Looks like there will be a production version in Urban Grey:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/11/jeremy-s/scorpion-evo-carbine-other-new-czs-for-2016/
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/11/jeremy-s/scorpion-evo-carbine-other-new-czs-for-2016/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Good find!  Looks like they have a lot of great stuff coming soon.  I am also excited for the new Dan Wesson 715 pistol packs!
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After your post I saw a factory threaded CZ 75 barrel on sale and picked one up.  The Octane allows for indexing on the muzzle. I fit the barrel to the slide and throated it -  I should be good to go.

Now I have an extra barrel that is fitted and throated, and can send the factory barrel in with it to have the extra one cut and threaded to match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top