Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2015 12:33:01 AM EDT

I've been thinking of upgrading the sights on my 75 Compact (which has recently become my main carry gun) but I'm not sure what to go with.

I've been considering sending mine to Cajun Gun Works for the switch but it looks like their only options are the Mepro-Lite night sights, for which I've seen somewhat mixed reviews, or their  EZ/D 9-40 sights which are made by Dawson Precision and of which I have absolutely no knowledge.

I'm 45 and starting to have some vision changes and its not quite as easy to quickly acquire a good sight picture as it once was. I actually don't hate the configuration of the stock sights, but it takes longer to acquire them than I'd like.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I've been thinking of upgrading the sights on my 75 Compact (which has recently become my main carry gun) but I'm not sure what to go with.

I've been considering sending mine to Cajun Gun Works for the switch but it looks like their only options are the Mepro-Lite night sights, for which I've seen somewhat mixed reviews, or their  EZ/D 9-40 sights which are made by Dawson Precision and of which I have absolutely no knowledge.

I'm 45 and starting to have some vision changes and its not quite as easy to quickly acquire a good sight picture as it once was. I actually don't hate the configuration of the stock sights, but it takes longer to acquire them than I'd like.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Thanks for asking this...I've got the same concern..till I can find something better than mepro-lites for my CZ,s I've painted the front sight face with white pen paint...i use to do this on my duty weapon aswell and it helps tremendously in acquiring a fast site picture...and it helps with my aging eyes now...

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for asking this...I've got the same concern..till I can find something better than mepro-lites for my CZ,s I've painted the front sight face with white pen paint...i use to do this on my duty weapon aswell and it helps tremendously in acquiring a fast site picture...and it helps with my aging eyes now...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?

Trijicon lists night sights for the CZ, however they're perpetually backordered.  I ordered a set through LA Police gear almost a year ago and gave up on the back order after 4 months.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want to be able to pick up the front sight faster you can get a fiber optic or Tritium front from CGW or CZ Custom that will work with the stock rear. As for sets there are unfortunately only a few choices. The CGW EZ Drift black serrated rear/fiber optic front are great sights. I have them on two of my CZ's. But, I probably personally wouldn't personally put them on a carry gun. The rear design seems like it would have a possibility to dig in to your side (on IWB Carry) or snag on clothing easily. The front sight is narrower than stock so it is easy to pick up, but not the best for doing bulls eye shooting. CGW also sells a similar set as well.

As for full night/tritium sights there are only a few options: the hard to find Trijicon set, Mepro-Lite, and also the not previously mentioned Tru-Glo TFX fiber/tritium sights. I have been thinking of getting a set of TFX sights for my P-01, but haven't yet. I have a set of the TFX sights on a Glock 26 and really like them. The combo of the fiber optic and tritium is great in almost all light conditions.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Meprolights work perfectly on every gun I've ever installed them on, especially my Cz-75 BD... The stocks sights were practically useless.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I replaced both my 75 and 75 compact with the CGW fiber optic front sight and kept the rear sights stock. It's a great improvement for very little money
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meprolights work perfectly on every gun I've ever installed them on, especially my Cz-75 BD... The stocks sights were practically useless.
View Quote

I put them on mine too.  They work great and the ones from Cajun were extremely bright (brand new).
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I dropped my 75BD off at CGW for some work and had them remove the stock sights and install their EZ/D 9-40 sights. I'm like you, the old eyes aren't as sharp as they once were and the stock sights don't exactly jump out at you. I'm really pleased with the red tube I specified. It really jumps out. In addition, the rear sight makes it easy to find the race hammer they installed. My thumb stops at the flat and is in perfect position to thumb the hammer.

I have a Mepro-Lite on a Glock20 I have a light on. It has been fine for 6 years and is still bright.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I replaced both my 75 and 75 compact with the CGW fiber optic front sight and kept the rear sights stock. It's a great improvement for very little money
View Quote

I'm wondering about turning the stock rear backwards. It looks to be the same profile front and back, then I'd have a plain black rear with a FO front.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Trijicon lists night sights for the CZ, however they're perpetually backordered.  I ordered a set through LA Police gear almost a year ago and gave up on the back order after 4 months.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?

Guys, check out Trijicon's site.  All three color options say they ship within a week.  I recently ordered a set and had it within a week.  While I haven't had much hands on time with the Mepro's, I highly recommend the Trijicon's over them due the rear sight having rounded edges.  From what I gather edges draw focus and from my experience I believe it to be true.

A little tip, put a drop of black paint on each of the rear white rings then scrape the paint off the tritium vials with a toothpick after it dries a bit and you'll be left with a blacked out rear sight and a white ring front sight, great combo!
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I replaced mine with the XS sights (found here) and really like them. I wanted something bigger on my PO-1 than the stock sights. Takes a bit of getting use to but once done it made me faster (not Clint Eastwood fast but fast enough for a timer ) I sent it off to CGW to be installed along with their Carry Package upgrade - the gun is awesome   Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE: CJW's OEM height front fiber sight and a reversed OEM rear took great. If you're wanting a cheap setup that's my vote.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Currently waiting on my 75bd to come back this week from Cgw and it's getting their Ez d sight set among other things.  I'll let you know how I like them
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the same. Prefer the red tube, seems to speed acquisition a bit
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm wondering about turning the stock rear backwards. It looks to be the same profile front and back, then I'd have a plain black rear with a FO front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just blacked out the rear with a black sharpie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top