Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2015 8:05:45 PM EDT
While shooting my CZ the other day the hammer hung up in the cocked position and wouldn't drop when the trigger was pulled. After I unloaded it I managed to get the hammer to drop, then detail stripped it. Everything looked normal so I gave it a good cleaning, lubed it up, and proceeded to put over 100 rounds through it without an issue. Then yesterday the SO was at her CHL class and halfway through qualifying it did it again.

I'm sitting here looking at it and I've noticed that if you cock the hammer back using your thumb that sometimes the sear will catch the second notch on the hammer instead of the first, resulting in some difficulty getting the hammer drop. Only thing I can think of is that I might need to replace the sear, which I was planning on doing anyway with an adjustable Cajun Gun Works sear.

The gun has a couple thousands through it, which isn't much I know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Second notch? There's only one notch on a SA hammer.

Usual culprit for not being able to drop the hammer on a SA would be a misadjusted overtravel screw (that is, the screw too far out, not allowing sufficient travel).
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Usual culprit for not being able to drop the hammer on a SA would be a misadjusted overtravel screw (that is, the screw too far out, not allowing sufficient travel).
View Quote

Your right, there isn't a second notch. What's happening is the hammer is going back far enough to allow the sear catch on the back side of the hammer.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Had the same issue with my SP-01.  No problem with DA, but it wouldn't drop the hammer in SA.  I could see that the hammer would go back a tiny bit when the trigger was all the way back, but the sear wouldn't disengage.  Got a shipping label from CZ, sent it to them and they got it done in about a week.  I got it back with a note on sear polished and adjusted.  It's been 100% ever since.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your right, there isn't a second notch. What's happening is the hammer is going back far enough to allow the sear catch on the back side of the hammer.

http://develop.rotorcreative.com/cbj/arms/czaction_04.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That shouldn't be able to happen. The hammer should bottom out on the frame before coming back that far. Something is definitely quite wrong.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That shouldn't be able to happen. The hammer should bottom out on the frame before coming back that far. Something is definitely quite wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm replacing the hammer and sear with CGW parts. I'll post an update once I have them installed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top