Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2015 6:48:48 PM EDT
I want a cz 75 compact but no sure I'll like it. They shops around me don't have any to handle and try. So to try one out, would buying a cheaper clone give me an accurate gauge if it's right for me and up grade later?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The C-100 is similar but the trigger is completely different than the CZ compact.  Size wise they are identical.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Spend the extra $150 and get the real thing.

(Personally I'd do the PCR or P01 for carry though if that's what you're looking at.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spend the extra $150 and get the real thing.

(Personally I'd do the PCR or P01 for carry though if that's what you're looking at.)
View Quote

I may carry it but I just like the compact more than full-size from a aesthetic standpoint. If I can find one local to hold, itd be easier to spend the money.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the CZ 75D PCR. It's a great gun. Compact and really well made.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want a cz 75 compact but no sure I'll like it. They shops around me don't have any to handle and try. So to try one out, would buying a cheaper clone give me an accurate gauge if it's right for me and up grade later?
View Quote

I think it is worth the price of entry to the next fun show to handle the various options, I'd go to a gun show to handle them before "buying blind", especially with the numerous options out there (Da/Sa/Decocker/frame weight and etc).  One thing CZ does better than almost everyone is ergos.  Might as well bring cash if you are going to handle a few though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The C-100 is similar but the trigger is completely different than the CZ compact.  Size wise they are identical.
View Quote

I haven't been able to find a c100 locally to handle, could you elaborate on your perception of the trigger differences?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top