Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2015 10:37:17 PM EDT
What is the actual total thickness across the grips when installed, and does the thickness and/or overall profile differ between the various models (frag vs diamonds etc)?

And how much does a set weigh (particularly a set for a compact)?

(Considering other options before ordering yet another set of waffles, since I'll have to chop those quite a bit to fit a Compact.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak of dimensions or weight as I'm on vacation and don't have any grips handy....

But overall size seems to be consistent across models.  And they sell models for compacts.... You don't have to chop anything
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And they sell models for compacts.... You don't have to chop anything
View Quote

Hence why I'm looking at those right now.

I'm just concerned about them being too thin, or possibly even being too heavy for one of my intended uses.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
OST for interest.

Walkure, this is the first time I've noticed you replaced the P7 with a 75 Compact in your avatar.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]
For what it is worth, a set of VZ grips for a compact 1911 (officer's model) weighs exactly two ounces.  I know that's not a CZ, but is an indication of the weight of a set of grips which must be somewhat similar.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
LOK makes Compact grips also. I have two sets,you cannot tell them from VZ's,
except for the price. $60............$64,shipped.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOK makes Compact grips also. I have two sets,you cannot tell them from VZ's,
except for the price. $60............$64,shipped.
View Quote

I agree I have both as well. No more VZ for me unless they are on sale they are pretty much identical
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the tactical diamond on my 75 compact. the thickness is less than 1 3/8" and the weight seems a tiny bit more than the plastic stock grips.
The AL custom shop grips are thinner. They are the only ones I have found that are thinner.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Still looking for info... nobody has measurements?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#9]
1.215 is what I get with a P-01 and LOK Frag grips

I don't have a scale that can weigh them or any other style to compare with.
This setup conceals really good for me I mean it really surprised me. It's not much thicker than my conpact 1911 with thin grips. I'll get that measurement ASAP.
The CZ aluminum will weigh a little less but there is enough material in these you could grind a bit out of the backside IMO.

I admit the PCR would be a tick better concealed but the extended dust cover only comes up as 1.05.
I'm 5"11 190 and I primarily carry my with denim bootcut jeans and a tucked in dress shirt.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
STI Guardian 1911 with stock slim grips vs the P-01
The STI measured 1.15 at thickest part of the grip.
 This is a crappy pic but it will give you a reference. The  blackstrap of the CZ creates an illusion of being thicker than it is.
[/URL]

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Double tapped .... Delete
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.

Confirmed what I was thinking, that they are too thin for my taste. I don't generally like anything thinner than 1.30".
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
They look awfully close in size as the 1911 slim grips.  Do the VZ / LOK grips not fill your hand as a 1911 with standard grips would?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Confirmed what I was thinking, that they are too thin for my taste. I don't generally like anything thinner than 1.30".
View Quote

I came to the same conclusion (with small to medium hands). If only VZ made them a little wider all around and smoothed some of the outside contours...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top