Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2015 12:06:49 AM EDT

Though a Glock guy for more than 20 years, I have always lusted after the 75B and finally bought a matte stainless a couple of months ago. It is a beautiful gun. It fits my hand like it was designed specifically for it. It has a remarkably solid and balanced feel to it. I am in love.

But I have to ask: What is it with all the trigger slap?

It hurts like hell to shoot it. I have never had this issue before with any other gun I have ever shot. Today I put 100 rounds through it and had a freaking blister on my trigger finger when I was done. Is there an easy remedy for this problem or should I just embrace my masochistic side and go with it?

I'm so conflicted....
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't get any slap from the two I own but the triggers are nothing to brag about.
I made an order to Cajun Gun Works today for their defensive carry parts package.
Later in the day I called back and changed to to pro kit and David has been very helpful to talk to.

So far they've been great.   If you want to make an investment that's my recommendation.
Sorry I couldn't be more help
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:03:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is the block they added. my pre B is a terrific trigger
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Trigger slap?  Or the bottom of the trigger pinching your finger between it and the trigger guard?

I ask because I have a BDM with that curved trigger and it bites the hell out of my finger.  No more recoil than a 9MM has and yet a box of ammo is my limit.

It's funny how what works for one person does not work for another, or what works on one gun doesn't on another.

My P07 .40 S&W is one of the older guns with the curved trigger and it never pinches my trigger finger.  I got a P09 9MM with new style trigger and it doesn't pinch my finger.  I bought a P09 in .40 S&W and it is as bad as the BDM, after about a box of ammo, I didn't want to shoot it anymore.  I bought an old style (curved) P07 trigger and installed it and no more finger pinching.

I don't know if you can get a different style/curve trigger for the 75 or not, but you could check out Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom and see what they offer and how it's shaped vs. the factory trigger.

http://www.cajungunworks.com/index.html

http://czcustom.com/
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not sure I have ever heard of trigger slap in a 75, however I have heard of the 'pinch' as described above.  I have an older 75B with the silver trigger, and the edges were a bit sharp when I got it.  I just polished it down on the sides.  I also have no issues with the older P-07 trigger.  

Since I am darn curious, where is this blister forming?  You may also want to try this over at http://czfirearms.us
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 75 shadow target with a recurve trigger that beat the heck out of my finger until I changed things up.

I had a high gloss 75b with the same recurve trigger that gave me no problem.

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]

My finger is definitely not being pinched between the trigger and the guard. The blister formed where my trigger finger is in contact with the trigger. I've never experienced trigger slap on any firearm before, but it feels like I've heard others describe it so I just assume that is what it is. The pain isn't at all a pinching sensation----it feels like something is smacking my finger where it is in contact with the trigger and it gets progressively worse with each successive shot. At first its just kind of annoying but after a few rounds it genuinely gets uncomfortable to shoot.

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
trigger slap is usually associated with a trigger profile which doesn't match up to the shooter's hand, I'd get an old style 85 combat or 97 trigger and install it.  They aren't as curved and some people find them more comfortable
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I would try a different trigger style, fairly easy to change.  If you do a bunch of dry fire does it do it then too?  I also wonder if springs and a trigger job might help too.

I will add, OT, that certain triggers I do have issues with.  Glocks eat my finger raw really fast, M&P's do as well.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I got this terribly with the stock CZ75 trigger just like you.

Actually painful and totally unpleasant for shooting. Which nobody wants when trying to enjoy a gun.

I went with an SA only flat trigger, which os awesome. But I use the gun for 2/3gun and range work only.

I have heard the Combat trigger eliminates this problem as well. A quick call to CZ Custom will get you the answer you need.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't get any slap from the two I own but the triggers are nothing to brag about.
I made an order to Cajun Gun Works today for their defensive carry parts package.
Later in the day I called back and changed to to pro kit and David has been very helpful to talk to.

So far they've been great.   If you want to make an investment that's my recommendation.
Sorry I couldn't be more help
View Quote

Cajun gun works is the shit
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
The stock triggers - as in the physical triggers themselves - are complete shit on the new standard 75s. They are thinner and have more curve to them (but not really a nice curve like the 01 triggers). I do not know why they changed them. They are the same shape across everything with the 75-style (non-01-type) trigger, to include the 85C and Shadow series.

The old triggers are the best; you can still get them by ordering a 97B trigger from CZ-USA, but I'm not sure for how much longer, has I have personally seen 97BD models for sale with the new thin-type triggers. There should be another thread in here that has the part number.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
The fix is buy a pair of baseball batting gloves. The wife and I have several guns that will do a number on you fingers or hand. The gloves work great at the range when shooting many boxes of ammo. If you have to use your gun when you carry you don't need gloves then :)
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Went today and tried shooting with baseball batting gloves-----problem solved. Shot 150 rounds without pain and had a great time. In fact, after shooting it side by side with my Gen 2 G19 that I've been carrying for 20 years and realizing how much better and more accurately I shoot the CZ, I'm seriously considering buying a 75 Compact to CCW and retiring my venerable G19.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I had it happen one time with my 75 D. Dang it hurt! My finger was numb for a while. Not sure what happened but it has not happened since.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
My 75 B has done this from new.  It has an '07 build date.

Seriously considering sending it to the Custom Shop and having it converted to SA with the flat trigger.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the same experience with my 75b the first time I shot it, I was like WTF. Haven't had it since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top