Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2015 12:00:43 PM EDT
Long time cz fan, not my only cz but it's the one I've decided to fuck with.    Found a shit load of info on the cz forums and feel comfortable giving this a go, so last night I ordered:

Spgk1 spring kit

Rp-trs trigger return spring

Inst-dc de cocker install kit

Tr-pin their floating trigger pin

S-pin for the de cocker sear cage

This along with some polishing I hope will smooth/lighten things up a bit

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Cz in question

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Go here and polish as instructed while you have the gun apart adding CGW goodies anyway.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0

I had my compact stripped down to the empty frame and slide when adding CGW parts and polishing. The only real issue was reassembling the trigger pin. You need to make a slave pin to hold the spring in place while putting it all back in the frame so it is aligned for the trigger pin to go in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go here and polish as instructed while you have the gun apart adding CGW goodies anyway.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0

I had my compact stripped down to the empty frame and slide when adding CGW parts and polishing. The only real issue was reassembling the trigger pin. You need to make a slave pin to hold the spring in place while putting it all back in the frame so it is aligned for the trigger pin to go in.
View Quote

Thanks man!!!  I ordered their trigger slave pin so I hope that helps
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Easy install just the spring kit does wonders.   Have everything apart for polishing now though
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Project has evolved. Lifter spring broke taking out dc sear cage so ordered a couple replacements from cgw ordered a few things as well.

Here is the new parts list

Cgw hammer spring
Cgw firing pin spring
Cgw firing pin plunger spring
Cgw extended perfect firing pin
Cgw floated trigger pin
Cgw trigger return spring
Polished contact points and trigger bar by me
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm with you my Pro Carry kit is due to get here on Sat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it back together yet?  I have no problem working on safety CZ's, but hated putting my P01 back together.  I could never get the CGW slave pin correctly into the sear cage.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it back together yet?  I have no problem working on safety CZ's, but hated putting my P01 back together.  I could never get the CGW slave pin correctly into the sear cage.
View Quote

Ya I had a lot of fucking problems lol  

But as far as just doing the springs and firing pin you don't have to take out the sear cage I took it out for polishing.  Just the springs on their own makes a huge difference.  

Talking to David at Cgw this project has once again become more complicated I had seen all the beautiful work on the Cgw face book.  

Gun is going to David for his hand polishing and tuning and possibly adding the short arm lifter and a hammer depending on where the trigger pull is.   This is really bc I want his 7.5-8 lb da he's known for and sa should be about 3.25 lb according to him.   I've also decided to have him install Cgw ezd sights.  

He's also cerakoting the lower frame+controls+ hammer  graphite black h146 and the slide sniper gray h234

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just did mine on Monday and yes it sucks. I found using the slave pin on one side and the main pin to align for the other worked best for me .
I'm glad I did my pro kit myself though. I have a much better understanding of my pistol.
I'm also surprised how well my P-01 conceals. With the full dust cover I was skeptical but it works as well or better than a Glock 19.

My only real issue is I want heine ledge straight 8 sights. I wish the cut allowed for them without having to be machined.
It seems if someone made them for the same dovetail but only needed the rib milled down it would be money.
Not enough demand for the big boys.   The H-tac sights are ok but too high profile
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
So the colors we decided on are graphite black h146 for the lower frame, controls, and hammer, and sniper gray h234 for the slide.   I tell you what David Milans reputation at Cgw is showing,  a real class act to deal with and knows his shit and answers any question I throw at him.  

Other than cerakote the final parts list

Cgw firing pin and spring
Cgw race hammer
Cgw short arm lifter and spring
Cgw hammer spring
Cgw trigger return spring
Cgw trigger float pin
Cgw ez d sights (fo front black serrated rear. Dawson made)

Along with hand polishing from David, he says trigger pul will be flat 3lb in sa and 8 lb in da but will be so smooth it will feel like 6
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Update from David at Cgw gun just went to cerakote
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, the CGW parts are awesome, and David is great about advice over the phone if you need it.  I love the action on my PO1 now, but still have nightmares about the (probably only 45 minute) sear-cage reassembly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
The CZ 75BD I dropped off at CGW mid August is on its way home. According to FedEx it's in Birmingham (has been since Saturday) and will be here tomorrow. As luck would have it I have many projects in the front yard tomorrow, so if I see a truck breeze by I'm getting in the car and chasing him down.

"Attempted delivery, no one home" my hiney.

Already have a date with my wife to take it to the range Wednesday. She never turns me down, they have a heck of an Italian cafe.

Nice belt, OP. Details? If I didn't do IWB I'd look at one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The CZ 75BD I dropped off at CGW mid August is on its way home. According to FedEx it's in Birmingham (has been since Saturday) and will be here tomorrow. As luck would have it I have many projects in the front yard tomorrow, so if I see a truck breeze by I'm getting in the car and chasing him down.

Already have a date with my wife to take it to the range Wednesday. She never turns me down, they have a heck of an Italian cafe.

View Quote

Man I'm jealous what all did you have David do?

Belt is an hsgi I run it with a Velcro inner for classes.  A nice comfortable setup.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Belt is an hsgi I run it with a Velcro inner for classes.  A nice comfortable setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the 75 Series Pro Package, the EZ/D “trapezoid” rear sight and the Hi Viz front sight. I'm hoping that will help my old eyes acquire the target a little faster. I envy the folks here who can disassemble down to the nitty gritty, polish and install upgrade parts. But, as the man said, "You've got to know your limitations", so we cruised over from Jackson, met David and Scott and discussed what I wanted done. Two outstanding individuals, if you ever get a chance to meet them in person do so. They're a class act.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I got the 75 Series Pro Package, the EZ/D “trapezoid” rear sight and the Hi Viz front sight. I'm hoping that will help my old eyes acquire the target a little faster. I envy the folks here who can disassemble down to the nitty gritty, polish and install upgrade parts. But, as the man said, "You've got to know your limitations", so we cruised over from Jackson, met David and Scott and discussed what I wanted done. Two outstanding individuals, if you ever get a chance to meet them in person do so. They're a class act.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got everything in the pro package except the trigger.  I got their ez d rear with fo front as well.   It's tempting to take a ride up to Monroe and visit them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Gun should be done NOV 16
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]
About 7 days left
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered these grips.  Pistol should be done this week

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Grips came in today.   Pistol not due done until next week now

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I know it's kind of late to respond but where did you get the grips?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know it's kind of late to respond but where did you get the grips?
View Quote

http://shop.coppergungrips.com/CZ-75-85-SP-01-Grips-Lava-Rock-Texture-CZ75L.htm
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Update:

Just got the call.   I'm stoked
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Pistol should ship today.   David said the trigger came in at 3lb 12 oz SA and 7lb 7 oz DA said he could go a little lighter but I opted to stay with these numbers
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pistol should ship today.   David said the trigger came in at 3lb 12 oz SA and 7lb 7 oz DA said he could go a little lighter but I opted to stay with these numbers
View Quote

Got the tracking number today delivery should be wedsday
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#25]
You just made a huge mistake. Good luck putting up with any other triggers now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Pistol is fucking outstanding and I will post pics in a bit

But first I am very disappointed in the grips I ordered.  I took a gamble on them, had seen ppl with them on the cz forum, but I got a bad set.   Pockets for the screws gave out like butter, walls were way to thin.  Contacted the seller to get a refund thankfully I used PayPal.    Maybe I just got a bad set who knows, but I'm not going to try another set.    Will prob go with cz custom or Vzs.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Better pics

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#29]
What is that just behind the ejection port on the top of the slide?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I would guess a loaded chamber indicator, but I have not seen one of those.  Cali compliant?
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice, but why did they use a sharpie on the slide?

Just kidding, congrats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top