Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2015 2:15:01 PM EDT
I've decided to retire my 1911 as my main CCW and give my P-01 the duty.
I bought some black cherry frags for my SP-01  from VZ but I had been waiting to try the LOK's to see how they measured up.   To sum it up they are pretty much perfect and look so good I thought I'd share.
Anyway here is my 01 setup with my homemade tuckable holster.

As soon as funds permit I will be adding a few CGW parts and getting the slide milled for some Heine rear sights.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Both my CZ 75b and CZ 75 Compact wear checkered brown/black LOK grips. I don't have any pictures of the compact at the moment.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the LOK grips as thin as the VZ's?  I hate the stock plastics with a passion and i would like a thinner grip.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the LOK grips as thin as the VZ's?  I hate the stock plastics with a passion and i would like a thinner grip.
View Quote

Yes. They were a great ergonomic upgrade for my CZ 75b. Much more comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes they are pretty much identical

I have VZ brand frags on my SP-01 and the Lok grips on the P01.   Both grips measured  1.115 wide installed on each pistol.
The texture is pretty much the same the only real difference is the price.  Ordering direct from his site it took about 3 days to get them ( Michigan to SC)
     I really wished that LOK offered the gunner type pattern for CZ.  I tried to email him a few months ago about doing a run.  I even asked about a contract run but go no reply.
It kinda ticked me off not getting a reply but no big deal the guy is probably busy etc .

David from CGW emailed me tonight about some sight work I emailed about ( got a reply at like 9:30pm on a Sunday)  I I am going to bite the bullet and work the trigger on this thing.
 I think I am going to go for the race hammer and spring set to start seems like a good starting point.     I would like to do the short reset and reach reduction but my fun budget is almost out of fun
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics.  Just picked up a P-01 a couple weeks ago and been looking at the LOK grips.  This just made my decision easier!
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Pro Carry kit on the way from Cajun Gun Works.
It arrives Sat I hope this goes smooth
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pro Carry kit on the way from Cajun Gun Works.
It arrives Sat I hope this goes smooth
View Quote

Let me know how you like it
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy smokes I am glad I am done with this now.
I am pretty mechanically inclined and I can't say that it was hard from a hands on POV. It is very difficult to find what goes where the first time though.
It's would certainly be much easier a second time around.   If I weren't so cheap I would gladly pay David at CGW the extra money to do the work his prices are cheap IMO.

I wish I had a trigger scale to measure the difference but it is dramatic .  The reset is super short and there is hardly any over travel even though I haven't made any adjustments yet.
Overall I am very happy with my purchase even if my nerves are shot.

Not much to see other than that shinny new race hammer but here she is finished
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top