Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2015 1:31:17 AM EDT
After drueling over a cz for a whiiiiile, I finally purchased a new polished stainless CZ75b a few months ago. Out of the box shooting 115gr fmj wwb and Perfecta 115gr fmj I noticed th gun shot a bit high. Last weekend me and my buddies had a little "pistol meet" and I had loaded up some 125gr cast swc's. About 200 of them over 3.9 grains of HP38, another 50-75 over 4.1 grains of HP38...The 3.9 load she seems to like most, but of course...She was shooting high. I toyed with the idea that it was just me so had 7 others try it with the same results. The only thing I can do to get it close to poa is to really bear down on the front of the trigger guard, I guess its helping keep the muzzle flip down, idk. But I dont feel like I should have to pull n squeeze with that much effort to keep the thing close to on target. Im kindof dissapointed in this due to it having fixed sights and all the lpas Ive seen require some slide milling which I do not want to do. I spent $700 bucks on this thing, I just feel like it should be dead on the money. As far as the accuracy potential of it Im absolutely blown away. I managed a hair over a 1-1/2" group with it off the bench at 30 yards so the thing is plenty capable just wont group them where I aim, always high. Any ways, Any advice anyone can offer would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
how high are you shooting? what distance are you shooting at?  what sight picture are you using?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
How high depends on range...Which varies. What I shoot the most are 10" ar500 plates at about 10-15 yards. To hit the center of the plate, I have to aim at the bottom edge...As far as sight picture, I use the same sight picture I use with all my firearms with irons...Don't know what the proper name for it is but I line up the top of the sights with the center of the bull. I do not use the ole "6 o'Clock" hold. I've decided not to even bother with contacting CZ as I do not see anything they can do to fix it besides either sending me a lower rear sight to install (which I feel would be a crapshoot) or sending the gun back to them...Which I do not want to do. What I want to do is install a fully adjustable rear sight like the one on the cz85 combat. Does anyone know if that sight is a direct swap with no grinding or milling like the lpas I've read about others using? Also, once the rear sight is swapped, is it a must for the front too usually?

I'm leaning towards just sending the slide off to cajungunworks and having them fix it the way I want it. I really hate having to put more money into it to make it shoot straight, but it is what it is...I want the thing right as I truly do LOVE this pistol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I have the painted 75b omega but mine has a pinned on front sight.  
Can't the front sight be changed out on that?

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes it can. Its pinned as well. But what I really want on this handgun is the ability to adjust as I shoot all sorts of different projectiles, weights, charges, etc.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes it can. Its pinned as well. But what I really want on this handgun is the ability to adjust as I shoot all sorts of different projectiles, weights, charges, etc.
View Quote

you will need to have the slide milled to accept any adjustable sights including the CZ LPA adjustable sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top