Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2015 8:56:13 AM EDT
Hello,

(Posted this on the CZ forum as well)

Does anyone know if there are any magazine sleeves out there that fit around a P-09 magazine to make it fit flush (or close) on a P-07?

Something like these:
http://x-grips.com/products/smithwesson-mp/

I like the idea of using a sleeve over a P-09 length magazine instead of adding an extended baseplate to a P-07 length magazine. That way you get the longer mag spring and probably more reliable function by sticking with the original baseplate

However I am not very knowledgeable on how different magazine manufacturer's outer dimensions compare to one another.  I'm just hoping I can pick up a sleeve made for a magazine that is close enough to a CZ mag and vertically file it to size so it fits flush against the P-07 grip

Thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Would these work the P-07/P-09 series mags? I use them on fullsize mags for my Compacts

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0430177001_Magazine-Base-40psp01
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I had thought the same thing OP did... I have a P09 and have 5 magazines total for it. I want to get a P07. Would be neat to be able to use the P09 mags in the P07, if there were some sort of slip-on sleeve to prevent over-insertion.

I'm wondering if I could 3D print something that would work....

I remember having a ProMag 20 round Beretta 92F mag that I used in a CX4 Storm (the mag worked flawlessly, BTW) that had a spacer that slipped on the mag. Worked out pretty nice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would be neat to be able to use the P09 mags in the P07, if there were some sort of slip-on sleeve to prevent over-insertion.
I'm wondering if I could 3D print something that would work....
View Quote

MatthewQ,

If you find a way to pull that off, let me know if you'd be willing to sell some printouts!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A&G's entire business model is designed around this concept. Perhaps we need to start calling and emailing them in mass. You know, unless you can just 3D print a bunch out for us. While you're at it make one for the MecGar CZ75 mags so I can have a 17/18 round mag in my P-07 for $24 instead of $49 for a P-09 mag.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a printer, but I have literally 0 experience with designing parts...

I might have to get a design program and play around with it. I'll see if I can do some searching and see if I can find any similar parts out there. It may be easier to modify something than it would be to start from scratch...
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
X-grips emailed me back and said none of their models fit CZ mags.  Not sure if that refers to the inner dimensions of their sleeves against the outside of the mag body, or to the top and bottom of the sleeves against the mag baseplate and pistol heel... (or both)

Someone on the CZ forum told me he's fit a Ruger SR9C sleeve snugly around a P-09 mag, but vertically it needs some shaving/reshaping.  If I come across any other good candidates I'll relay the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top