Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 10:56:56 AM EDT
Out of all my pistols, the only one that hurts my trigger finger is my CZ. Why does the trigger on my 75 hurt my finger so much? Surely I'm not the only one with this problem.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a 75 compact. The trigger is one of the newer style thin models.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have PCR and have no problem; are you using original hammer spring, maybe it hurts when trigger is pulled not when gun recoils?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard trigger pain is most often associate with a frame/trigger profile that doesn't match up well with a shooter hand/finger.  If you can I would try to shoot some other cz models with different trigger profiles (curved sp-01 black, 85 combat, 97, shadow style, etc) and find one that feels the best. then order that trigger and install it on your gun, I bet you will find the discomfort goes away.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the 85 Combat have the older style thick trigger that the 75B used to have?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a common complaint with the new-style "thin" triggers. I myself absolutely hate them.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the 85 Combat have the older style thick trigger that the 75B used to have?
View Quote

No.

You can get the old-style from a 97B - though I've seen 97s with the new style, the parts from CZ for the 97B are still the old style (at least as of about a month or two ago). Other than that, your option is the CZC 85-type (similar to the old type, but not identical) or the SP-01 "recurve" type.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the same problem on my 85 Combat.  You need a trigger with less curve - Single Action Only, Old Style CZ 85 Combat would be my two top picks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
When at the range I use a pair of baseball batting gloves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top