Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2015 4:00:08 PM EDT
I posted in GD about new hand gun recommendations, but I keep coming back to the CZ 75 as my next purchase.  I'm leaning hard towards the SP-01 Shadow right now, but am wondering if it's worth the extra $300 over a plain jane SP-01.  For any Shadow owners, are the upgrades worth the cost in your opinion?  Any SP-01 owners wish they paid extra for a Shadow model.  Should I buy a SP-01 and upgrade parts from CJW as I see fit?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
GD is full of derp and fanboi's, so you'll never get to hear the truth about what you're looking for.

CZ is a good purchase but what is it exactly that you're looking for this to do? Range toy, compete, house gun, EDC?

I personally like the CZ75 and on the rare occasion I'll open carry one but I use more for a range toy and as a reference gun than ever now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly for the range.  I'd probably put it in the safe in the bedroom too.  I definitely want the rail for a light.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Go for it then, you will not be disappointed with it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a CZ 75 compact pcr and love it. They make great guns......
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an SP01 tactical.. it's a decocker version w/tritium front and rears.  I only bought it cause it was 550.00,
turns out to be a fav range gun.  Huge 9mm, very soft shooter.  I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Except I already own too many CZs
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I posted in GD about new hand gun recommendations, but I keep coming back to the CZ 75 as my next purchase.  I'm leaning hard towards the SP-01 Shadow right now, but am wondering if it's worth the extra $300 over a plain jane SP-01.  For any Shadow owners, are the upgrades worth the cost in your opinion?  Any SP-01 owners wish they paid extra for a Shadow model.  Should I buy a SP-01 and upgrade parts from CJW as I see fit?

View Quote

If you're ready to throw down for one of the Shadow flavors, just do it.

If you like to pistol smith and maybe a save a little, start with the SP-01 manual safety model.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a standard SP-01, and if I could go back and do it again I would drop the extra dough and get the Shadow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top