Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2015 6:30:49 PM EDT
Hello guys. I had two Sig 245's not getting much use, so I traded one to a buddy for his CZ. First impressions, this is a well made gun that fits the hand perfectly. It looks good as well and is light.  I absolutely love it and hope it shoots as well as it looks. Range report to follow.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 of them. You are going to love shooting it.  Trigger has a different curve and makes the trigger reach shorter than other Cz's I have owned.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.  Trade.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine should be at the local shop tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps a minor point, but I don't think CZ makes a 75D PCR.  I believe (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong} that you have a PCR that is marked "75 D Compact".

When I bought my P-01 several years ago, it was marked "75 D Compact".  It was a 75 compact with a light rail.  CZ's explanation at the time was that the P-01 and 75 D Compact were identical, but CZ sold the gun in the US as a P-01 and elsewhere as a 75 D Compact.

Now, it looks like the 75 D Compact is the PCR and not the P-01.  In the PCR write-up on the CZ website, CZ explains that PCR stands for Police Czech Republic and uses the name PCR throughout the write up, but the gun pictured says "75 D Compact" on it, not PCR.  Not clear to me if CZ still makes a gun marked PCR or not.

So, you and I both have guns marked "75 D Compact", but if you put the guns side by side, they are clearly different guns.

The inconsistency between the PCR write-up and the PCR photo seems obvious to me and I'm surprised no one at CZ has fixed it or, at the very least, explained it.

Maybe it's a holdover from the communist system: "Here is gun.  You buy?  I don't care!" (in Borat accent).

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perhaps a minor point, but I don't think CZ makes a 75D PCR.  I believe (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong} that you have a PCR that is marked "75 D Compact".

When I bought my P-01 several years ago, it was marked "75 D Compact".  It was a 75 compact with a light rail.  CZ's explanation at the time was that the P-01 and 75 D Compact were identical, but CZ sold the gun in the US as a P-01 and elsewhere as a 75 D Compact.

Now, it looks like the 75 D Compact is the PCR and not the P-01.  In the PCR write-up on the CZ website, CZ explains that PCR stands for Police Czech Republic and uses the name PCR throughout the write up, but the gun pictured says "75 D Compact" on it, not PCR.  Not clear to me if CZ still makes a gun marked PCR or not.

So, you and I both have guns marked "75 D Compact", but if you put the guns side by side, they are clearly different guns.

The inconsistency between the PCR write-up and the PCR photo seems obvious to me and I'm surprised no one at CZ has fixed it or, at the very least, explained it.

Maybe it's a holdover from the communist system: "Here is gun.  You buy?  I don't care!" (in Borat accent).

View Quote

This is straight from the box the gun came in. To my knowledge the standard CZ 75 compact is an all steel gun. The PCR has an alloy frame and decocker.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I think the CZ 75 Compact is steel frame.  The PCR and P-01 are alloy frame.  The P-01 has a light rail and the PCR does not (as well as differences in the sights).  The "CZ 75 PCR Compact" marked on the box is yet another name that's new to me.  Just when I thought it couldn't get more confusing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The D in the name merely indicates that it is a decocker version.

They call the full size steel pistol with decocker the CZ 75 BD, for example.

There has always been confusion in the compact's naming protocols.

I had a PCR years ago, and said CZ 75 D COMPACT on the slide as well as having the PCR nomenclature.

The PCR is what gets you the alloy frame, and also a loaded chamber indicator pin on the top of the slide that the standard steel compacts and full size pistols don't have, decocker or not.  Also the sights on the PCR are different as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#9]
PCR = Police Czech Republic (FWIW)

Good trade.
But then I don't see why some folks are so enamored with Sig.
Until you get into their higher end stuff, they are yet another plastic fantastic but with a higher price tag.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Florida gun trader? Or was that the one from the EE? Cause I was eyeballing it, just not fast enough . lol, enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Florida gun trader? Or was that the one from the EE? Cause I was eyeballing it, just not fast enough . lol, enjoy!
View Quote

They are one in the same. He had that gun posted for months before we finally traded.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The PCR is not marked PCR
It's marked 75D compact

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-d-pcr-compact-black-alloy-9mm-14-rd-mags/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top