Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2015 4:46:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, those parts are that dramatic.

As for the sights, check out CZC and Dawson.  There have been quite a few reported problems with the adjustable sights breaking parts.  If you order a fixed set from Dawson, and need a custom height to get the POA/POI to match, I bet you can get Dave to make a custom height for you.

I use a 75B in 3Gun, Dawson fixed rear and fiber front.  I have been very happy with them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I second Dawson Precision sights. I put a set on my VP9 and it made me love shooting it.

Only problem is that Dawson only makes front sights for the 75/85/SP01/etc... Only the P09 has a rear sight available from them, and it's not adjustable.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Dawson will make custom front sights for the CZ. If you can get the sight you want with tritium now, thank me for paying the "custom" fee for the first time buyer.

I was very disappointed in CZCustom's front sight on my CZ-75--done in conjunction with an awesome sunk/slide-melted rear sight. The front is too short for anything except ~7 yards. At 25 yards it shoots way too high, even with the adjustable sight bottomed out. I like Dawson Precision front sights enough that I'm figuring out the sight height and paying for one of their front sights instead of dealing with CZC. (The DP sights are available wider, instead of silly skinny, and with tritium, and have nice sharp, crisp edges--YMMV depending on the setup you want.)
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was very disappointed in CZCustom's front sight on my CZ-75--done in conjunction with an awesome sunk/slide-melted rear sight. The front is too short for anything except ~7 yards. At 25 yards it shoots way too high, even with the adjustable sight bottomed out.
View Quote

CZC has several different heights available. (A few options for black, a ton if you're talking FO.) Which height did you order?

FWIW, until my most recent purchase, I just made the front sights on all of my competition-use pistols from the CZ factory TS fronts, which server more as "blanks", being extra-large and completely plain. Now that CZC carries serrated black cut to size, I ordered one for my newest pistol when I was getting some other parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top