Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:19:31 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting another 9mm.  I currently have 2 9mm pistols.  I have an M&P Shield single stack subcompact and an HK P30sk double stack subcompact for carry.  

I am thinking I want something new closer to full size but still somewhat compact that I could carry OWB under heavier clothes when the colder weather rolls in or to use OC when walking in the woods.  The CZ P07 seems to fit that bill at an economical price.

Not having experience with CZ, however, I have some questions.

Reliability?

How is the trigger?

Ease of carry?

Hopefully some of you can shed some light on this pistol for me.  Basically I have only seen them for sale at net stores and have not actually had the pleasure of handling one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a bit bulkier than G19. Trigger in DA is stiff, but SA is fairly good, with some pretravel before it engages. It's not as crisp as CZ75. A little bit more mushy. Reset is not great. But I still think it's a fantastic gun. Can be converted to Safety, or Decocker.

When buying one, buy one with front serrations and not the Duty model.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a bit bulkier than G19. Trigger in DA is stiff, but SA is fairly good, with some pretravel before it engages. It's not as crisp as CZ75. A little bit more mushy. Reset is not great. But I still think it's a fantastic gun. Can be converted to Safety, or Decocker.

When buying one, buy one with front serrations and not the Duty model.
View Quote

What is wrong with the "duty" model.  Just asking because that model can be had for $64 less at Buds.  Basically, what are the upgrades?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Better finish, trigger, upgraded hammer, and smoother edges.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would spring for the new model.  I have the Duty version and the newer model is nicer.  Edges are rounded.  Better trigger (I think) and metal sights.  I carried a Glock 19 as an approved off duty until I got my P07.  I just shot the CZ more accurately for some reason so I started carrying it.  I carry mine everywhere off duty in a "Ebay special"  IWB kydex holster.  It works for me.  If you like to tinker CGW has lots of aftermarket for the P07/09.  David
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go with a new model and buy Cajun Gun Works parts.  You could also order one from CGW.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and I'm 50/50 on it. The trigger isn't bad for what it is in single action and there seems to be very little whip compared to others. Just a sweat shooting gun and reliable. One gripe I have is the slide is incut/recessed a bit so for me cycling the slide quickly can be a challenge and requires some finer (emphasis on finer not fine) motor skills than sig glock or most other handguns that are 'grab and go'. On mone which was one of the earlier ones the mags stick sometimes but all the new ones I've seen don't seem to have this issue.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I started my plastic framed pistol journey with the Glock.  Then XDM.  Then M&P.  Then I bought a P07.  The reliability, feel in my hands and accuracy (as well as the availability of factory and custom parts) has resulted in 3 additional P0 pistols in my house in both 9MM and .40 S&W.

I have no plans to buy any brand/model of handgun in the future except CZ P0 handguns.

Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#8]
i wanted something G19 size that didnt feel like a brick. ended up with a 07. i run it like a 1911 cocked and locked. carries nice IWB in one of own design and build Kydex holster.

i also plan to run it in next months USPSA and 3 gun matches so i build a non OWB holster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top