Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:30:50 PM EDT
So a few of my best buddies and I have a thing where whenever one of us gets married the rest will buy that guy a gun, and one of them is getting hitched next month.

We decided to get him a CZ 75B because he's been in love with them forever. None of us own CZ's so I have a couple quick questions.

Is the Omega trigger model 'better' than the regular B model?
Would you recommend the safety or decocker version? (Not sure if there are quirks with either, I've only owned HK's with both on the same gun)
And lastly, where is the best deal on these? I see them around $500 or so, does anyone have a mil discount or sale going?

Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No to the mil discounts and there was a price increase at the beginning of the year.
The omega trigger is generally cheaper, but also not easy to improve the trigger pull on.
For safety or decocker, it is going to depend on the person using it. The safety models are easier to work on and have more support for altering. The decockers can have a great trigger but never quite as good as the safety.
Starting this year most of the B and BD models are coming with a black barrel (not sure which coating they are using) while the omega is still shipping with the raw metal barrel, so aesthetically there is a factor there as well.
they are fantastic guns that feel great in the hand and likely would outlast any shooter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer a regular safety model for a range gun, which is most likely what a full size 75B would be used for.  KYgunco usually has good prices.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
cz 75B Stainless high polish with some nice wood grips. Now THAT is a wedding gun.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Manual safety

CZ75B
CZ85 Combat
SP-01

Pick 'em.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
If you CALL czusa you can get a mil discount.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cz 75B Stainless high polish with some nice wood grips. Now THAT is a wedding gun.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/ASST%20GUNS/CZ75-1.jpg
View Quote

That is bordering on a BBQ gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cz 75B Stainless high polish with some nice wood grips. Now THAT is a wedding gun.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/ASST%20GUNS/CZ75-1.jpg

No offense intended, but that's funny chit right there.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I always recommend against buying an Omega only because you can't put the Kadet adapter on them.  

Because a Kadet adapter would be a PERFECT anniversary present!

Seriously though, I prefer the plain-Jane 75B.  It just works for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The matte version is nice too.  I wish I had the polished one to go with it:

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the Omega trigger model 'better' than the regular B model?
View Quote

NO

No, no, no, and no.

Seriously, it is a total POS.

It was not uncommon to have trigger bar spring problems with the early ones (rendering the pistol inoperable), they use parts exclusive to that model, and have design limitations that prevent their triggers from being tuned to any real degree. An Omega is never going to approach the level of a slicked-up normal B, let alone something like a Shadow or worked-over pre-B.

You couldn't pay me to take another Omega onboard.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I always recommend against buying an Omega only because you can't put the Kadet adapter on them.  

Because a Kadet adapter would be a PERFECT anniversary present!

Seriously though, I prefer the plain-Jane 75B.  It just works for me.
View Quote

What?
This is an omega and a kadet kit. Functions 100%.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I heard wrong! Damn that's a good looking full size .22. How's the trigger on the Omega with the Kadet? Can't compare that to a Mosquito or the like.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I heard wrong! Damn that's a good looking full size .22. How's the trigger on the Omega with the Kadet? Can't compare that to a Mosquito or the like.
View Quote

The only good thing I have to say about the omega frame is that I don't get light primer strikes with the kadet. Single action isn't bad but the double action is gruesome...
My other CZ's are all shadows, they don't ignite .22 100%, bought the omega just for the bottom half because the frame is pretty much a shadow and I knew it would make the kadet reliable.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The only good thing I have to say about the omega frame is that I don't get light primer strikes with the kadet. Single action isn't bad but the double action is gruesome...
My other CZ's are all shadows, they don't ignite .22 100%, bought the omega just for the bottom half because the frame is pretty much a shadow and I knew it would make the kadet reliable.
View Quote

Has nothing to do with Omega, but rather with your mainspring. IIRC, you have to run at least a 16# main to get any reliability with the Kadet.

(And as noted, that is a Kadet 2, not an original Kadet.)
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has nothing to do with Omega, but rather with your mainspring. IIRC, you have to run at least a 16# main to get any reliability with the Kadet.

View Quote

Hence why I bought the Omega (aside from the frame similarities) instead of messing with the spring weight in my custom shadows.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hence why I bought the Omega (aside from the frame similarities) instead of messing with the spring weight in my custom shadows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW, a better match would have been a 75B SA (if you have a 75 Shadow) or a normal SP-01 (if you have a SP-01 Shadow). The Omega frame is unique - while it does offer an upswept beavertail like the SA et al, it's actually rather distinct in several aspects if you put them side-by-side.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
If he's always been enamored with CZ's, then what he is enamored with is a CZ75.  So get him that.  Not an Omega, P01, decocker, etc - he wants a full sized classic CZ75 (b model is your only real option there, unless you want to get a used Pre-B).  Get him a black or SS.  I'd pick SS, it's just sharper looking, and more "white" in line with the "white" theme of decor associated with weddings, so more apt for this type gift.  

That's what I'd do.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The polished stainless is nice... :)

Technetarmory has pretty good pricing on most czs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top