Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2015 11:46:06 PM EDT
I want to purchase a CZ P09 as my first handgun. I have been decideding between
many different handguns for years and I came to the decision for the CZ P09 because
it offers the best dollar to performance ratio to me. It also doesn't hurt that the CZ 75 series
is one of my favorite handgun series.

Now I personally believe any of my guns that could possibly be used in a defensive
situation needs a light on it for target identification. My go to pistol light is a
Streamlight TLR-1 but before I commit to this light with this this handgun and then
find out I dont like the looks together, or it doesn't fit right, I wanted to know if anyone
that has this combo could comment on how you like it. I know the TLR-1 looks at
home on the CZ SP-01 so it shouldnt be to far off considering the P09 seems to just
be a polymer SP-01. If you don't mind could you post a picture if you have this combo
as I cant find any on Google.

Also how well of a suppressor host does the P09 lend it's self to be? As I want to buy a
SilencerCo Osprey suppressor at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Give me some time .  I have a factory threaded barrel P09 and AAC TiRant.  I have a extra TLR  light at the house I haven't mounted yet.  I will post a pic for you  tomorrow.  Pleased as a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give me some time .  I have a factory threaded barrel P09 and AAC TiRant.  I have a extra TLR  light at the house I haven't mounted yet.  I will post a pic for you  tomorrow.  Pleased as a suppressor host.
View Quote

Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear. How close would you say it is
to a Sig p226 as a suppressor host? Thank you for the pictures.

Also nice bike. Is that a Yamaha R6?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn  ... forgot about the pics.  Wife stayed home today

I am very pleased with it as a suppressor host and it compares well to the P226.  I was/ am a major SIG guy from long ago. I have a W. German  Sig p226 with SRT  and threaded barrel  that I can mount my Tirant as well.  

The P09 is threaded  1/2 x 28 and the Sig is  13.5LH x1 Metric.  You get more value out of a P09 in my opinion  as well as being lighter.  

LV

Pic still coming  soon

Bike is a R1
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn  ... forgot about the pics.  Wife stayed home today

I am very pleased with it as a suppressor host and it compares well to the P226.  I was/ am a major SIG guy from long ago. I have a W. German  Sig p226 with SRT  and threaded barrel  that I can mount my Tirant as well.  

The P09 is threaded  1/2 x 28 and the Sig is  13.5LH x1 Metric.  You get more value out of a P09 in my opinion  as well as being lighter.  

LV

Pic still coming  soon

Bike is a R1
View Quote

So I take it that your wife doesn't know about the p09 yet?  Sorry for
almost getting you caught then.

Between the p09 and the p226, which one is quieter to you suppressed
if using the same load? I ask because i have always been told the Sig p226
is one of the quietest 9mm pistols when suppressed. And you have the
good fortune to have both.

So your a liter man. How long have you had her? Hows the insurance on
a liter sports bike?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the belated Pic.  Memorial weekend was busier than expected.

Top one is  W. German SIG 226 with SRT and 20 round mag  and AAC Tirant

Next one is PO9  with 19  round  and AAC Tirant

Sig 1911  Tac Ops   with  AAC Tirant

CZ Phantom  

CZ SP01  with Safety

Back to your questions .  I can't really seem to notice the difference in suppression between the p226 and the P09.  They seem both very quiet,   but these are all 45 cans.  I don't have any 9mm only cans.  

When I was picking them up for the picture the P09 was noticably lighter.  And of course the grip was thinner.   I believe you get more bang with your $$ with the P09 than a comparable SIG.  A new P226 with SRT and threaded barrel will most likey be at the $900 to $1000 dollar mark.  Not sure , I haven't priced a new SIG lately.  

Also Cajun Gunworks has upgrades for the P07/09 series.  Additional CZ shoot fast parts are available.  I have heard good things about the upgrades. My P's don't have them yet.

Again sorry about the delay .

LV

Ps  owned the R1 since brand new in 1999.  She is one of the last with standard carbs.  Love that bike and still have it.  just don't  ride much anymore.  Family , kids etc.  Plus insurance here in Vegas is a real  PIA expensive. Could total the bike every 17 months and come out cheaper than full cverage .  Luckly I was grandfathered in under my old policy befor they new anything about R1s.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can imagine the slide/frame being a little longer, my P-07 pics might help?

CZ P-07 by Staufhammer, on Flickr

CZ P-07 and Streamlight by Staufhammer, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry for the belated Pic.  Memorial weekend was busier than expected.

<a href="http://s603.photobucket.com/user/lvdesertsocom/media/Arfcom%20Folder/a299a8fe-bce7-4211-9339-47a919407e6a_zpsjhybni76.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/lvdesertsocom/Arfcom%20Folder/a299a8fe-bce7-4211-9339-47a919407e6a_zpsjhybni76.jpg</a>

Top one is  W. German SIG 226 with SRT and 20 round mag  and AAC Tirant

Next one is PO9  with 19  round  and AAC Tirant

Sig 1911  Tac Ops   with  AAC Tirant

CZ Phantom  

CZ SP01  with Safety

Back to your questions .  I can't really seem to notice the difference in suppression between the p226 and the P09.  They seem both very quiet,   but these are all 45 cans.  I don't have any 9mm only cans.  

When I was picking them up for the picture the P09 was noticably lighter.  And of course the grip was thinner.   I believe you get more bang with your $$ with the P09 than a comparable SIG.  A new P226 with SRT and threaded barrel will most likey be at the $900 to $1000 dollar mark.  Not sure , I haven't priced a new SIG lately.  

Also Cajun Gunworks has upgrades for the P07/09 series.  Additional CZ shoot fast parts are available.  I have heard good things about the upgrades. My P's don't have them yet.

Again sorry about the delay .

LV

Ps  owned the R1 since brand new in 1999.  She is one of the last with standard carbs.  Love that bike and still have it.  just don't  ride much anymore.  Family , kids etc.  Plus insurance here in Vegas is a real  PIA expensive. Could total the bike every 17 months and come out cheaper than full cverage .  Luckly I was grandfathered in under my old policy befor they new anything about R1s.

View Quote

Thank you for the picture. You have a wonderful collection there. I thought the
TLR-1 would look good on P09 but I wanted to make sure. But I think the TLR-1
looks better on thr SP-01 than the P09 now that I have a chance to see a picture
of both.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you can imagine the slide/frame being a little longer, my P-07 pics might help?

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tAe7bU" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7734/18108950872_22c6bfc534_c.jpg</a>
CZ P-07 by Staufhammer, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/sFKzBq" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8892/17515122194_9e7d12aa14_c.jpg</a>
CZ P-07 and Streamlight by Staufhammer, on Flickr
View Quote

Wow! These are really high quality pictures. What did you use to take them?
Also, very nice CZ P07. How long have you had her?

Quick question. How did you get your pictures to post from Flickr? I use Flickr
and all of my pictures are there,  but I couldn't get them to work on here so I
had to make a photobuckt account to post pictures.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: But I think the TLR-1
looks better on thr SP-01 than the P09 now that I have a chance to see a picture
of both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
of both.

I definitely agree with that. The lines are more similar; more curves, less angles.  Personally, because of this, I think an Inforce APL would look best on the P-series, and I wish I still had mine so I could photograph/demonstrate, but I never had it at the same time as my P-07(s).  TLR-1 still looks great, though.

Quoted:

Thank you!  These were taken with a Sony a6000 and Sony SEL 55-210mm lens, but that's not super important; any camera with a decent lens and sensor, and manual controls could take the same photo easily.  The important bit is the lighting.  The first shot is lit with a single strobe with a large softbox as the only light source; directly behind the gun, angled downward towards it, and wirelessly triggered.  You could take a similar shot if you set up the scene in front of a window, using the window light as the main light source.

Second one is lit with 2 strobes; one on each side of the gun, and both with decent-sized softboxes to diffuse the light.  They are angled slightly downward and toward the camera to minimize the light that reaches the background, to help isolate the subject.  The background is just a black bedsheet tacked to my wall, about 3-4 feet behind the gun.  The gun is being held in a bench vice to get it away from a table and everything and prevent odd shadows.

I love talking about this crap so if you have any other questions, let me know.

As far as the P-07 itself; I love it.  I've only had this one for about 2 weeks, but I had the first generation back when they came out. I was forced to sell it to fund a cross-country move for an internship opportunity a couple years ago, and always regretted it.  The second generation improved/fixed the few complains I had for the 'Duty' model, so I finally picked one up.  I like it so much that I've sold or listed for sale the rest of my handguns (for financial reasons; if I didn't have to sell them, I probably wouldn't, but the point is, I kept the P-07 out of all of them, despite it being the 'cheapest').

Quoted:Quick question. How did you get your pictures to post from Flickr? I use Flickr

I hate photobucket.  Arfcom uses BBCode, so Flickr makes it easy-peasy for you:

Just copy and paste from step/box 3, then voila! You're free from Photosuckit!

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I definitely agree with that. The lines are more similar; more curves, less angles.  Personally, because of this, I think an Inforce APL would look best on the P-series, and I wish I still had mine so I could photograph/demonstrate, but I never had it at the same time as my P-07(s).  TLR-1 still looks great, though.

Thank you!  These were taken with a Sony a6000 and Sony SEL 55-210mm lens, but that's not super important; any camera with a decent lens and sensor, and manual controls could take the same photo easily.  The important bit is the lighting.  The first shot is lit with a single strobe with a large softbox as the only light source; directly behind the gun, angled downward towards it, and wirelessly triggered.  You could take a similar shot if you set up the scene in front of a window, using the window light as the main light source.

Second one is lit with 2 strobes; one on each side of the gun, and both with decent-sized softboxes to diffuse the light.  They are angled slightly downward and toward the camera to minimize the light that reaches the background, to help isolate the subject.  The background is just a black bedsheet tacked to my wall, about 3-4 feet behind the gun.  The gun is being held in a bench vice to get it away from a table and everything and prevent odd shadows.

As far as the P-07 itself; I love it.  I've only had this one for about 2 weeks, but I had the first generation back when they came out. I was forced to sell it to fund a cross-country move for an internship opportunity a couple years ago, and always regretted it.  The second generation improved/fixed the few complains I had for the 'Duty' model, so I finally picked one up.  I like it so much that I've sold or listed for sale the rest of my handguns (for financial reasons; if I didn't have to sell them, I probably wouldn't, but the point is, I kept the P-07 out of all of them, despite it being the 'cheapest').

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Kc6EmPsounU/VWZKxlNnu2I/AAAAAAAATrk/0lJVjZuuCS8/w750-h493-no/ezpz.PNG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
of both.

Quoted:

Quoted:Quick question. How did you get your pictures to post from Flickr? I use Flickr

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Kc6EmPsounU/VWZKxlNnu2I/AAAAAAAATrk/0lJVjZuuCS8/w750-h493-no/ezpz.PNG

Thank you from freeing me from photofuckit I mean photobucket. Do you have to leave
in the brackets and url part?

I love to learn expecially when something is so foreign to me. Do you think you could help
me with my camcorder and skills? Because I would like to be able to document my 6.5
Grendel build and other things. I have a Sony HDR-CX240 camcorder. Everything I have
seen and heard shows that this camera should be able to take good photos and videos,
but everything I have taken looks like crap.

I will look into the inforce APL. What lumens does the APL put out?

Also how did you break up the quote?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s9.photobucket.com/user/lithgow303/media/IMG_0061_zpsf40e50ab.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/lithgow303/IMG_0061_zpsf40e50ab.jpg</a>

View Quote

Nice gun. Looks like Dr. Solomon is packing some heat now .
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted: Thank you from freeing me from photofuckit I mean photobucket. Do you have to leave
View All Quotes
Quoted: Thank you from freeing me from photofuckit I mean photobucket. Do you have to leave

No problem!  And yep, the brackets are a special designator that tells the forum/browser/whatever "hey, this is something special", and the 'url' is giving more information on what exactly the special thing is and how to treat/interpret it.  the [ url ] portion (without spaces) is saying "hey this is a link", and [ img ] is saying "hey this is an image".  The [ /url ] and [ /img ] tags are showing the 'end' of the url and img tags.  That box on the Flickr page sorts all of that out for you, so you don't have to worry about it; just copy and paste.  Though if you take a look at the text it gives you with what I just said in mind, you should be able to make a bit more sense out of it.

Quoted:

Breaking up the quote is easy.  As above, [ quote ] with no spaces means 'start quote', and [ /quote ] means 'end quote'.  So to break it up, just split into whatever chunks you want to respond to, and then fill in the missing [ quote ] or [ /quote ] tags.  This might make more sense if you try to quote this post and take a look at where all of the keywords in brackets are.

Quoted:

200, with a ~1.5 hr runtime, which is pretty impressive considering it runs off of just a single CR123A vs the two that both the Streamlight TLR1 and most pistol-mounted Surefires use.  More info here.  Just don't let brake cleaner near it. It will melt. Oops.

Quoted:
I love to learn expecially when something is so foreign to me. Do you think you could help
me with my camcorder and skills? Because I would like to be able to document my 6.5
Grendel build and other things. I have a Sony HDR-CX240 camcorder. Everything I have
seen and heard shows that this camera should be able to take good photos and videos,

I don't do much work with video, but I can try to answer any questions you may have.  The same principles (i.e. Good lighting!) will apply, so I should hopefully be able to do a decent job?  Video will be harder because you'll need a constant light source, though, vs. still photos where I can just use a flash/strobe.

For a basic sort of 'primer' on what makes 'good' light (keep in mind this can be subjective, though...), you can check out a little write-up I did a while back: http://staufhammer.com/2014/08/01/budget-series-1/   That should at least get you thinking about a couple of things, and might lead you to more specific questions

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No problem!  And yep, the brackets are a special designator that tells the forum/browser/whatever "hey, this is something special", and the 'url' is giving more information on what exactly the special thing is and how to treat/interpret it.  the [ url ] portion (without spaces) is saying "hey this is a link", and [ img ] is saying "hey this is an image".  The [ /url ] and [ /img ] tags are showing the 'end' of the url and img tags.  That box on the Flickr page sorts all of that out for you, so you don't have to worry about it; just copy and paste.  Though if you take a look at the text it gives you with what I just said in mind, you should be able to make a bit more sense out of it.

Breaking up the quote is easy.  As above, [ quote ] with no spaces means 'start quote', and [ /quote ] means 'end quote'.  So to break it up, just split into whatever chunks you want to respond to, and then fill in the missing [ quote ] or [ /quote ] tags.  This might make more sense if you try to quote this post and take a look at where all of the keywords in brackets are.

200, with a ~1.5 hr runtime, which is pretty impressive considering it runs off of just a single CR123A vs the two that both the Streamlight TLR1 and most pistol-mounted Surefires use.  More info here.  Just don't let brake cleaner near it. It will melt. Oops.

I don't do much work with video, but I can try to answer any questions you may have.  The same principles (i.e. Good lighting!) will apply, so I should hopefully be able to do a decent job?  Video will be harder because you'll need a constant light source, though, vs. still photos where I can just use a flash/strobe.

For a basic sort of 'primer' on what makes 'good' light (keep in mind this can be subjective, though...), you can check out a little write-up I did a while back: http://staufhammer.com/2014/08/01/budget-series-1/   That should at least get you thinking about a couple of things, and might lead you to more specific questions

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you for all of your help. I am sad to say I can't post any pictures from Flickr
right now . Because all I have right now is a tablet and I can't "copy and paste"
The link from Flickr on it.

I will look into both your article and the Inforce APL.  About were is the best place
to pick one up at?

I will try the quote break up next time I am on my computer after it gets fixed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: Thank you for all of your help. I am sad to say I can't post any pictures from Flickr
right now . Because all I have right now is a tablet and I can't "copy and paste"
View All Quotes
Quoted: Thank you for all of your help. I am sad to say I can't post any pictures from Flickr

Ugh. I can't believe they haven't fixed that yet...

Quoted: I will look into both your article and the Inforce APL.  About were is the best place
to pick one up at?

Cheapest I've seen it is here ($110, free shipping).  You might be able to get lucky on the EE here, or on ebay, though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cheapest I've seen it is here ($110, free shipping).  You might be able to get lucky on the EE here, or on ebay, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted: I will look into both your article and the Inforce APL.  About were is the best place
to pick one up at?

Thank you for the link. Now I have to find a picture of a CZ P09 with a Inforce APL .
Because now with that link I can buy the TLR-1 and the APL for about the same price.

How long has this problem been going on with flickr?

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
random pic found on google image search

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
random pic found on google image search

http://m6.i.pbase.com/g9/89/190089/2/152668846.XPFLNuoP.jpg
View Quote

Wow, thank you. That doesn't look half bad. Now this is going to
be a really hard choose.

Your google fu is alot stronger than mine. I tried to google it and
I didnt even get a picture of a gun. Plus I am on a tablet so not
everything that shows up on the computer shows up for me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Another I found.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Good find! I wonder what this combo will look like with a SilencerCo Osprey
since everything with be squared?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top