Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 10:20:37 AM EDT
Seems like the CZ-75B with the Omega trigger is about $100 cheaper than the standard version. Is there any reason to buy the regular version at $100 more?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Parts.
You are stuck with the trigger those come with, that's the reason I sold mine, which was in the first batch that came in 5 years ago. At least in the standard 75b, oyu can swap in an 85 combat trigger.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a simpler to trigger mechanism. Some say stock, the trigger is better.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been tempted as well by one of these. $467- at my LGS...
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
$70 cheaper at LGS
Felt better to me than the regular 75b
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Had my CZ75 Omega for about six months and many rounds. Accurate and the trigger is great!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The Omega trigger is garbage.

- What you feel stock is pretty much as good as it gets - because of its design, it cannot be tuned like a true 75. This mainly falls to how the FPB lifter is now between the trigger and the sear. Without custom-machining all new FCG parts, there's very little that can be done.

- It is significantly less robust than the original design; the first pistols very often had problems with their trigger bar springs coming out of place and rendering the pistol inoperable. They then started staking the springs, but this is still far more prone to failure than a true 75. The Omega also uses a single-sided trigger bar, rather than a wrap-around trigger bow - while this is really just academic, the original design technically does have the ability to still function with one of the sides cracked, or even missing altogether.

- It is marginally easier to detail strip, but how often do you really need to detail-strip your pistol? That's really the only plus of the Omega system. One could argue that the capability to switch between decocker and safety is a benefit, but I fail to see why you would need to swap a gun back and forth between configurations (and the parts aren't always available for certain Omega-equipped models).

You could not pay me to take another Omega abomination.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Omega trigger is garbage.

- What you feel stock is pretty much as good as it gets - because of its design, it cannot be tuned like a true 75. This mainly falls to how the FPB lifter is now between the trigger and the sear. Without custom-machining all new FCG parts, there's very little that can be done.

- It is significantly less robust than the original design; the first pistols very often had problems with their trigger bar springs coming out of place and rendering the pistol inoperable. They then started staking the springs, but this is still far more prone to failure than a true 75. The Omega also uses a single-sided trigger bar, rather than a wrap-around trigger bow - while this is really just academic, the original design technically does have the ability to still function with one of the sides cracked, or even missing altogether.

- It is marginally easier to detail strip, but how often do you really need to detail-strip your pistol? That's really the only plus of the Omega system. One could argue that the capability to switch between decocker and safety is a benefit, but I fail to see why you would need to swap a gun back and forth between configurations (and the parts aren't always available for certain Omega-equipped models).

You could not pay me to take another Omega abomination.
View Quote

I agree. I had one, traded it for a Glock and I don't even like Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a CZ 75B Omega over a year. It has a great trigger and the gun is very accurate. Here is a picture at the range at 7yds. over 30 rounds in this target. If I did not have shakes I could do better -)

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
It's 10 shots at 10 yards, from the second range trip for my Omega. I like it better than the trigger on Glocks. In fact, my gen-2 G-17 went on consignment today.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's 10 shots at 10 yards, from the second range trip for my Omega. I like it better than the trigger on Glocks. In fact, my gen-2 G-17 went on consignment today.

<a href="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/redoubtable1/media/Shooting%20Stuff/6404663d-0f99-4482-a197-cc676b402b3a_zpsasiy2pxs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/redoubtable1/Shooting%20Stuff/6404663d-0f99-4482-a197-cc676b402b3a_zpsasiy2pxs.jpg</a>
View Quote

Well that's no surprise Glock triggers SUCK
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Omega is crap. But it works well for the kadet kit. As a plus, all my CZ's are Shadow's and the Omega has the same frame.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Does the Omega trigger suck in the 07/09 pistols or is it more acceptable there?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I found the shape of the P-09 trigger to be much better, and with a CGW short reset kit, it had a pretty good trigger action. I wouldn't mind one of the supressor ready models , and I generally hate polymer guns.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Got back today from the range and I am still impressed. Trigger, both single and double action are excellent, on par with a Sig for sure. Accurate and feels great in the hand.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Triggers are a personal preference item, like so many things. I have a "few" CZ's both with safeties and decockers as well as one with the Omega trigger. I run 9mm pistols, sometimes with a Kadet Kit. My Kadet kit works with my old 75B, my P-01, my 75B Omega but not with my P-07.

I have no issues with the Omega trigger. It works fine for me, but then I cut my CZ teeth some years back on a old fashion 75B before anyone even dreamed of an Omega trigger. The Omega trigger is a "simpler design" as they say. Fewer parts, cheaper to build, etc. It also, to me and many others, has a better pull compared to the factory trigger on the older design. Yes, a custom shop can work wonders on your CZ non-Omega trigger. If you want to let go some of your money and do that then by all means go for it. If you know you will never have trigger work done and just want a great shooing, reliable factory stock pistol, at least consider (try out) one of the Omega models. You may actually like it.

I know some here want nothing to do with the Omega, but you be the judge.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I got an Omega when they first came out and I got exactly one shot out of it and that was it. The trigger bar spring was the problem I had assumed. I sent the pistol to CZ and received a call a couple of days later and was told the pistol was beyond repair . They gave me a new 75b to replace it and I was glad to get it. I had already had another 75b for years and love them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top