Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 12:50:34 PM EDT
The plastic grips on my 82 has started to crack. They will still work but I think it's time to get a new set. I'd like something checkered, and dark/black that is reasonably priced.

What are my options?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out eBay.  Lot of $40 shipped I believe

This is really nice but pricey
http://www.marschalgrips.com
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

If anyone is thinking about the wood grips on eBay from Thailand, don't. The fit was the worst I've ever seen on my 82. I spent hours fitting and sanding them to get a real fit. Once I was mildly happy I left them on and put my gun in the safe. A week or so later I went into my safe to pull out some guns for a range trip and one of the grips cracked. Don't waste your money on them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If anyone is thinking about the wood grips on eBay from Thailand, don't. The fit was the worst I've ever seen on my 82. I spent hours fitting and sanding them to get a real fit. Once I was mildly happy I left them on and put my gun in the safe. A week or so later I went into my safe to pull out some guns for a range trip and one of the grips cracked. Don't waste your money on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the kind of thing I feared. I guess I'm going to have to go with marschal grips.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Did not realize the eBay ones were junk.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a similar experience with the wood grips on ebay fitting poorly.  I wouldn't roll the dice on them.

CZ USA has factory plastic and walnut grips in and out of stock.  The walnut grips are nice.

If you want plastic grips like the factory ones but in different colors check out Tillander.  I bought a set of green grips for an 83 I have and they're real nice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top