Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2015 11:42:07 PM EDT
I have co-worker who is having to part with a few guns, due to divorce.  He as offered to sell me his 1995 CZ -75B for $350.00 It comes with three mags and no box.  He said that he bought it to shoot IDPA and IPSC  but now he isn't going to do either.  

The gun is clear inside.  It doesn't look as if it has had 200 rounds fire thru it.  

I really don't need another 9MM. I have  a P226, a Berretta 92fs and 3 Glock 9mm.  I guess I want it because of the price and the fact I don't have one.

Thanks,
Line Rider
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Horrible price and even worse gun. Please give me his contact info so I can call and scold him for trying to rip off another Arfcom brother!

*jump on that
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Go, if you don't like it you can make a few bucks reselling it in the EE.  Thats an easy $400+ pistol and mag combination if condition is true and I suspect you could get more with little effort, CZ's are popular at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My ex girlfriend's first pistol was a cz75. I freaking LOVED that gun! In fact, I liked it so much that I ordered a cz75 Compact, and can't wait for it to get here. I would buy that pistol at that price quick.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, this may go long.  If you want the short summary, buy the pistol.  Get a few Mec-Gar AFC mags, and a set of VZ/LOK grips if you want G10.

8 years ago, we were looking for a carry gun for my wife.  For years, she's had a mid-90's Beretta 92FS (with a bigger Hogue grips) that she adores.  She's confident in the 92, and very, very accurate with it.  But at the time, Beretta did not make a Compact version of the 92 (I later got one and sold it - really didn't stack up to her original).  She HATES plastic guns with an unholy passion, so Glocks were out.  We looked at about everything on the market, but she couldn't find a gun that felt like her 92.  My uncle said to let her try a CZ, and I said "NO WAY".  All I knew about CZ's was that they were the same as the POS EAA Witness pistols my brother's friends had in the early 90's - the ones that wouldn't make it through a mag without jamming.  But in a moment of desperation, I let her handle a CZ75 Compact.  And then we were buying one.  The CZ felt enough like the 92 to be passable.

I knew it was a mistake.  We went to the first range session and I KNEW that it would jam on the first magazine, then the second.  After the 3rd or 4th stovepipe, we'd be bringing the CZ back to trade in on a Glock anyway.  First mag was a fluke - no jams.  Second mag was the same thing.  No jams after the third mag and I'm starting to notice that the damned thing is pretty accurate.  We ended up putting 3,000 rounds through that gun over the next year or so without a hiccup, then the gun was stolen (even longer story).  It was replaced with another CZ.

About that time I was getting into 3-gun and wanted a pistol for 3-gun and USPSA Production.  Up until then I'd competed almost exclusively with my 1911's.  I'd tried my wife's Beretta, and while it was a great feeling, very accurate pistol, the lack of aftermarket support for it scared me off.  So I decided to use the rentals at my local range and see what would work for me.  I spent an afternoon shooting at 10 and 15 yards with everything to see what felt right and more importantly shot as accurately as that Beretta.  I shot Glock 17s and 34s.  Springfield XDs.  Smith M&P.  Sig 226.  None of them were close in accuracy to the Beretta.  And then on a lark, I tried the range rat CZ in the back corner of the case - the one that hadn't been cleaned in years, with most of the finish gone.  No idea where the gun came from, but it was BEAT.  It was also more accurate than the 92, felt more like my 1911's, and had better aftermarket support in competitive shooting.

We now have 4 CZ's in the house.  My wife has a P-01 to replace her compact.  I have the CZ-75 Shadow I bought for competition and have put a few thousand rounds through.  I also bought a CZ Custom Shop CTS in .40 as a Limited gun.  And the most recent is a CZ-75B in matte Stainless that is my new HD/Carry gun.  It rides VERY nice in a Milt Sparks Versa-Max 2.

I'd get the gun if you can afford it.  Mags are cheap and available.  IMHO, the ones to get are the Mec-Gar AFC's.  BUY THE 17 ROUNDERS.  You'll be tempted by the 19 round models, but still buy the 17's.  Here's the reason.  The AFC +2 baseplate is readily available to convert the mag to 19 rounds (baseplate is the only swap, no spring).  However, a non +2 baseplate is NOT available.  You can't convert 19's to 17's, but you can convert 17's to 19's.  The 19 round mags are GREAT for 3 gun or HD, and completely reliable.  But for USPSA, IDPA, or carry, you're going to want the 17 round configuration.

VZ and LOK grips are good to go.  All of my CZ's have G-10 grips.  They're thinner and feel great.

Get to know the CZ Custom Shop.  Angus is your friend and will sell you fantastic parts to keep your new toy running.

Get it and be a convert!
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
A new one isn't much more and will probably be a little tighter.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A new one isn't much more and will probably be a little tighter.
View Quote

A new one is around 500, recommend you try it out for that price, check with cajun gun works if you are interested in tuning the gun at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Great pistol
Great price

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy it, then sell the Beretta and the Glocks.

You will have no use for them anymore.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Its 13 hours after your original post.  How come you haven't posted pictures after you went and bought it.    
David
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]
BUY IT.  

BUY IT.

BUY IT.

If he's your buddy throw him another $50.  If he's not, give him the $350.  You can make your money back if you hate the pistol.  Just don't blame me when you're trying to find magazines for your Kadet!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#11]
The CZ 75 is the 1911 of Europe. Proven design , tough as nails and if you want the best ( IMHO ) 9mm handgun made the CZ is hard to beat.

(Buy it )
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
CZ75, the gun no one knows what it is, but once they shoot it they have to have it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#13]
what model is this?
http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CHG3289
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top