Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 1:42:22 PM EDT
Are VZ grips thinner than the stock plastic CZ 75 grips? I don't really want the aluminium grips. I like the VZs I have on my 1911s and Model 25.

I really want to like my new CZ 75 B Omega, but I have small, girly hands and slimming down the grip would be helpful.

Also, is there a safety lever with an extended paddle for the Omega trigger system? The stock one is kind of awkward for me, though slimming down the grip might help.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with VZ frags on my 75b SA and think they are much slimmer. Huge ergo improvement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure on the VZ's, but i just got a pair of LOK grips last week, and they are much thinner.
Perfect fit too,he just got the full size tooled up,i believe i got the first ones shipped,as he emailed me when he had
the setup done,and i ordered right then. Have a set for the 1911 from him also.
Good product...........
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a grip width chart on CZ Custom's grip page: http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx. They don't list the VZ grip width, but it is 1.2" so yes they are a lot thinner than the stock plastic or rubber grips.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Just the kind of info I was looking for.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure on the VZ's, but i just got a pair of LOK grips last week, and they are much thinner.
Perfect fit too,he just got the full size tooled up,i believe i got the first ones shipped,as he emailed me when he had
the setup done,and i ordered right then. Have a set for the 1911 from him also.
Good product...........
View Quote

Thanks to this post, I checked out LOK grips and wound up ordering a set. They came in today and I really like them. I'll be taking them for a spin later this afternoon.

I also like that LOK included a set of rubber O-rings with the grips. That should help keep the screws from backing out during use. I use a little purple Locktite with the screws on my guns with VZ Grips.

ETA: The new grips are a huge improvement for me. The thickness is much more manageable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:26:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad you like the LOK's, what color did you get?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Brown/black. They are very close in color to the "hyena brown" CZ grips I have on my 1911 and S&W 25-2.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The VZ's are thicker than the aluminum that came on my CTS, but much thinner than the rubber grips from my CZ-75 Shadow.

I just recently acquired a 75 Matte Stainless.  To mix it up, I've got a pair of LOK's on the way, this time frag instead of diamonds.  Will report back once I have a bit of range time on how they compare.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I replaced the rubber grips on my PCR with VZ and they are indeed thinner. I get a much better grip with the VZs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top