Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2015 8:19:11 PM EDT
Does anyone know if a 9mm conversion can be done on these?  Also, it appears I can get one of these for around $250.  Should I fo or no?

Stock picture from google
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
fo on the gun, don't know  about the conversion.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a huge .40 or CZ fan and even I regret not buying one of those when I could get one for that price. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy one for that price. Pm me the info if there's more than one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I would jump on it fast.  FYI, Greg Cote LLC has 12 round factory mags instead of the 10 round.  They were a custom run and may never be made again so run if you plan to get it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
For 250 bucks I'd jump on it in a NY minute. I don't think juast a barrel swap would work. Keep an eye out on various CZ forums and Gunbroker for somebody that might have a 9mm Compact slide assembly for sale. They do pop up once in a while. Meanwhile you still have a nice .40 to shoot. Not sure, but an upper from a p-07 might work on it too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For 250 bucks I'd jump on it in a NY minute. I don't think juast a barrel swap would work. Keep an eye out on various CZ forums and Gunbroker for somebody that might have a 9mm Compact slide assembly for sale. They do pop up once in a while. Meanwhile you still have a nice .40 to shoot. Not sure, but an upper from a p-07 might work on it too.
View Quote

The reason why I wanted it was because it was a different configuration than the standard CZ compact models (P-01, PCR, Compact). I was really hoping to convert it to 9mm as I'm not even remotely interested in a .40.  Also, I was eligible for employee discount as it was a used gun.  I would not be purchasing this at the full price (which I think was sub 500)
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one back when they were in production. Gave me no end of FTF issues. But when it shot, it shot very well. Really did feel like a 1911/CZ75 hybrid.

If you're willing to spend enough, anything is possible. But if part of your attraction to the gun is the price point, I would not be optimistic. This was never a popular gun made in large numbers, so I'm doubtful there's a thriving aftermarket for it to the point that conversion barrels exist.

If memory serves, these particular pistols employed the SIG-style modified Browning barrel lockup, not the usual radial lugs found on CZ's. Might complicate swtiching uppers around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top