Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 5:59:30 AM EDT
I have shot a CZ75 plenty, my buddy has one and I've even shot it in a match or two and liked it, but I didn't LOVE it.

At the NRAAM last weekend I was fondling some of CZ's offerings and came upon some of the match/race guns and felt some of their single action only flat trigger guns. They were awesome.

The single action models with the wide safety and flat triggers are dancing around in my dreams.

So, what models are the go to fitting in that? I've looked around CZ's site and I feel like they had models that aren't listed. Some I've seen on gunbroker also seem pretty pricy. What price range am I looking at?

What's the cheapest way to get to what I want? Are there Canik versions that it can be done with?

Educate me, please, and feel free to post pictures!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a cz75b sa this week. Got it from Davidsons.  It's the tightest, best fit pistol I've ever bought, including my Baers. The trigger measures 4.25 lbs on my guage, with a bit of take up. Not great, but I expect it to get better with use.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Call cajun gun works this morning, order a new Shadow, and call it a day. Anymore questions?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You can convert any SA/DA 75B to SAO using a trigger from CZ Custom with two stop screws in it.  Then you can replace the factory safety with the wider one.  I've done this on my 75B that I use with a Kadet conversion or 9mm slide.  The 75B frames that come from the factory SAO have a little more upswept angle on the beavertail, but the normal 75B beavertail has never bothered me.  

Your best solution if you don't already have a standard 75B is to buy a new gun from CGW or CZ Custom customized for what you want.  Either shop can do what you want, both are excellent, I have more experience with CGW (Cajun Gun Works, excellent).  

I have mayb 32k rounds through my 75B converted to SAO with CGW / CZC parts.  Will shoot it in a match in 8 days.  

Joe
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ Tactical Sport is the factory produced "Limited" gun with the SA trigger -- excellent for USPSA limited class competition.  You can also find older examples under the name CZ Standard IPSC.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can put the single action triggers in any of the DA/SA pistols and make them SAO, all you need is one of the single action triggers.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/p1I67tdMj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/901/I67tdM.jpg</a>

My SP01 was converted today.
View Quote

Quit showing those damn things.   I really do not want to spend the money on one of those.  Ok, you know it is never just one.  

I love the looks and my next trip to the GS, I will probably end up with one.

Thanks for the photos by the way great looking to me anyway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I held a class this weekend and at the end of the range portion of the class, I brought out pistols for the class to shoot as most of my students don't have access to a wide variety of pistols and there's no ranges in my area that rent pistols.

I had the CZ75 Compact and SP01 among others available and my lone female in the class picked up the SP01 and put 4 out of 5 shots into an index card at 45'.

It was a joy to watch and she wants one how in the worst way.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can put the single action triggers in any of the DA/SA pistols and make them SAO, all you need is one of the single action triggers.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/p1I67tdMj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/901/I67tdM.jpg</a>

Quit showing those damn things.   I really do not want to spend the money on one of those.  Ok, you know it is never just one.  

I held a class this weekend and at the end of the range portion of the class, I brought out pistols for the class to shoot as most of my students don't have access to a wide variety of pistols and there's no ranges in my area that rent pistols.

I had the CZ75 Compact and SP01 among others available and my lone female in the class picked up the SP01 and put 4 out of 5 shots into an index card at 45'.

It was a joy to watch and she wants one how in the worst way.

Was it the sp01 single action?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Sent my new SP01 to Cajun gun works last week, getting the pro package with comp sights, looking forward to seeing/feeling this one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes, it was. It's almost not fair to introduce them to my CZs because no one around here sells them and most of mine have something tweaked on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a joy to watch and she wants one now in the worst way.

Was it the sp01 single action?

Yes, it was. It's almost not fair to introduce them to my CZs because no one around here sells them and most of mine have something tweaked on them.

With the CZ ergos and those triggers you'll ruin new shooters for any other gun
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's my plan!

I was thinking about getting an FFL and stocking mostly CZs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the CZ ergos and those triggers you'll ruin new shooters for any other gun

That's my plan!

I was thinking about getting an FFL and stocking mostly CZs.

I've heard that they really just don't send many pistols stateside for whatever reason.  However, if you do go full ffl let me know if you can get me some sweet deals!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Any safety-equipped CZ-75 can be converted to SA only. The best out of the box SA trigger on a CZ will be found on a Tactical Sports (TS). A CZ-75B SA would be pretty nice , but would benefit from a CZ competition hammer. I would like to convert an 85 Combat to SA since, like the SP-01 Shadow, it has no firing pin block. A Shadow SA would be cool, but that is too close to TS money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top