Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2015 12:19:25 PM EDT
Release by CZ-USA 4/10/2015

Scorpion Factory Stock to be Made Available This Summer
Since the release of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol in October of 2014, CZ-USA has received many inquiries about the availability of the factory folding stock. It has always been CZ-USA’s intention to make the stock available to the public as soon as practicable.
Obviously, an approved Form 1 is required to convert the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol into an SBR. The ATF has informed us that 922r does apply, and their official parts count for the Scorpion Pistol is 16 parts. CZ-USA is currently in the process of manufacturing a number of US-made parts which we intend to sell both individually and as part of a kit to ensure that individuals manufacturing SBRs have the means to comply with 922r.
We’re also working closely with a number of US manufacturers to ensure a variety of US-made parts are available from sources other than CZ-USA. That being said, until more qualifying 922r compliance parts are available from aftermarket sources, the factory stock will only be available as part of the kit including the required compliance parts.
We expect to begin selling the stocks as part of a 922r compliance kit in late summer (earlier if at all possible).
Retail cost of the compliance kit will be very reasonable, ensuring that a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 SBR will remain one of the most reasonably priced pistol-caliber carbines available to the public.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most guessed 922(r) would come into play.  The rest is all good news from CZ-USA.  Thanks for posting armoredman.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up an Evo 3 on Friday. I'm going to go ahead and file my form 1 this week.

I wonder how much the kit will sell for?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The kit is still in larval stage, of course, but rumor has it being very affordable. Not REALLY sure what that means, but I would have to assume it wouldn't be too bad or the whole idea loses a lot of attractiveness if the thing becomes more expensive than the vaporware MPX.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say the kit from CZ will be affordable.

But if they let the flippers who dont even own a scorpion buy them all and then flip them at 5X the cost thats where the problems come in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say the kit from CZ will be affordable.

But if they let the flippers who dont even own a scorpion buy them all and then flip them at 5X the cost thats where the problems come in.
View Quote

Im going to guess that they will require proof that you have an approved form 1 before you can purchase the kit seeing as how they asked the atf about 922r to sell the stock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#6]
That's what I'm hoping they require as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would anyone hope for that?

Just so you can get yours?

Thats ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thats ridiculous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats ridiculous.
+1

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
+1  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats ridiculous.
+1  

Add another +1. Wow.
This reminds me of DSA holding back TP9 stocks unless you prove you have a stamp.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#10]
What need do you have for the factory stock if you don't have the stamp?

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Who cares?  CZ certainly shouldn't.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your answer is neckbearding...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thats ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats ridiculous.

So that everyone who has gone through the trouble of getting the stamp approved to use the stock can get one without getting ass raped by those claiming to be capitalists.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So that everyone who has gone through the trouble of getting the stamp approved to use the stock can get one without getting ass raped by those claiming to be capitalists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats ridiculous.

You overestimate the market, and underestimate production capacity.

What if i produce a non-nfa length barrel and want a stock?

I cant believe anyone would agree with your reasoning for actually wanting a manufacturer to do something like that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Who might be making a carbine length Scorpion barrel? Only company i can think of would be CZ-USA if they bring in a 922(r) compliant Scorpion carbine.

Back to what I was saying, here is a parts diagram "borrowed" from CZ-USA on what parts identified by ATFE as falling under 922(r).

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who might be making a carbine length Scorpion barrel? Only company i can think of would be CZ-USA if they bring in a 922(r) compliant Scorpion carbine.
View Quote

I said what if I made one for myself.

Besides that, if the kit was flying off the shelves at CZ because of neckbeards, it would only serve to make it worth it to them to ramp up production.

I saw a post or two about people mocking neckbeards and capitalism, but apparently they don't understand simple concepts of capitalism.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Back to what I was saying, here is a parts diagram "borrowed" from CZ-USA on what parts identified by ATFE as falling under 922(r).

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20Scorpion/Scorpion%20922r%20count_zpsbjuagwai.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20Scorpion/Scorpion%20922r%20count_zpsbjuagwai.jpg</a>
View Quote

Help me out with the 922(r) stuff...and i'm not at ALL familiar with 922.

Ok just bought an EVO, and want to turn it into an SBR.

Is that saying that all of those 16 parts need to be replaced with US made parts before I can SBR it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]
No, you have to have 10 or less of the identified parts be imported. That means someone has to make 6 parts inside the US to meet the standard ATFE set. Once you have those required US made parts, AND the stamp/engraving/etc., then you can build your SBR. Right now I know of maybe two or three US parts being made, mostly muzzle attachments. CZ-USA is supposed to bring out the Complaince Kit by summers end...which should give me time to raise the money for the tax stamp, too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#19]
So if I'm understanding it correctly - 3 of those parts are part of the mag - so if someone like MAGPUL would build mags, that would take care of 3 out of the 6 correct?

Then the other "easy" 3 would be the pistol grip, butt-stock and flash-hider.

Question. ..can I submit  my application  for an SBR now, and will they approve  it?  

I realize  that I would not be able actually assemble it until I would  have the legal parts on hand, but I would be some months  into the wait this way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#20]
several have approved form 1's already you are fine to get one just dont put the stock on till you get aproval and the 922r parts
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Hammer, trigger, sear, disconnector. The cheapest route towards count
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The stock adds a part - it doesn't replace one that isn't on the pistol to begin with, which leaves harder to replace, (for the layman), parts like the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I just brought my EVO home....it is screaming SBR me.    Paperwork going the the BATFE asap....hopefully by the time the stamp gets approved, the parts will be out.

I put the safety button on the right side..even without firing it i can tell that will be a lot better.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Found a place today that had a dozen and a half EVOs in stock, which surprised me.  Had a machine gun, too.

I like the folding stock best, but it's kinda sexy with an MFT Minimalist too.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quick question, the receiver is 2 halves of plastic bolted together.  If it were to be produced in the USA wouldn't that take care of 922r Entirely and we wouldn't have to worry about getting new parts or even having to deal with this???    I think I remember hearing that one time.
The reason I ask is that my dad found one in TN where he lives and put it in layaway. I had given up on getting one and SBRing one. I don't have a trust and don't really want to wait almost a year before I got to put the stock on the pistol.  Dads total price is get this "$771.00 Total". He got it because he went into the shop and they had one come in and saw him and knew he was wanting one. SO the owner made him a cash price and let him put it in layaway.  

Quoted:
No, you have to have 10 or less of the identified parts be imported. That means someone has to make 6 parts inside the US to meet the standard ATFE set. Once you have those required US made parts, AND the stamp/engraving/etc., then you can build your SBR. Right now I know of maybe two or three US parts being made, mostly muzzle attachments. CZ-USA is supposed to bring out the Complaince Kit by summers end...which should give me time to raise the money for the tax stamp, too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Found a place today that had a dozen and a half EVOs in stock, which surprised me.  Had a machine gun, too.

I like the folding stock best, but it's kinda sexy with an MFT Minimalist too.  
View Quote

your statement requires pictures!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn it damn it damn it!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to go buy one  I am a little concerned about mag availability and price but that just goes with being a CZ owner I guess.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I got three folks who want one.  Anybody know who has the Skorpion's in stock for a good price?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got three folks who want one.  Anybody know who has the Skorpion's in stock for a good price?
View Quote

PSA has them for $799 with free shipping...
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I bought my CZ EVO this week for $730. I was looking at a MPX but kind of liked the EVO better in person plus it's $600 cheaper and they had the
Tube and SB15 pistol braces in stock also for 200. The MPX tube was back ordered and the owner said very hard to get right now most people are marking them up above MSRP was his statement.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I bought my CZ EVO this week for $730. I was looking at a MPX but kind of liked the EVO better in person plus it's $600 cheaper and they had the
Tube and SB15 pistol braces in stock also for 200. The MPX tube was back ordered and the owner said very hard to get right now most people are marking them up above MSRP was his statement.
View Quote

Can I ask where?  IM me if you prefer to keep it offline.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#32]
PM sent
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
PM sent
View Quote

pm it to me too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top