Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2015 9:40:41 PM EDT
Anybody use a P-09 for gaming like IDPA or USPSA ? Just wondering if they hold up to a lot of practice and competition shooting like Glocks do ?
For reference I shoot about 300 rounds a week with my G17 and even though it has held up great the P-09 has really caught my eye .
Heck it's looks alone put the Glock to shame.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody use a P-09 for gaming like IDPA or USPSA ? Just wondering if they hold up to a lot of practice and competition shooting like Glocks do ?
For reference I shoot about 300 rounds a week with my G17 and even though it has held up great the P-09 has really caught my eye .
Heck it's looks alone put the Glock to shame.
View Quote

There are several people I'm aware of with over 10K rounds through P-09's... They're just as durable as any Glock out there from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using mine for IDPA, but I haven't had the time or $$$ to shoot much since I got the P09. I can tell you that in the event something does break, the gun is very easy to completely strip and parts are easy to get.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot one a few weeks ago and I think it's a capable gun. No issues with making rapid fire head shots at 15 yards with it. I shoot USPSA, mostly...."A" class shooter in Limited and I've finished 4th in SSP/EX at IDPA nationals shooting an SP-01 in 2009 when I still shot it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
One of my shooting clients has two P09s in .40.  I shot one of them and was able to triple tap it like it was a 9mm.  Lowest recoiling .40 I have ever fired.  The 9mm ones(which I have also fired) can be mag dumped without leaving the 10 ring of a B27 target.  Impressive.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
7132 rounds through my primary P09.  It should have been over 10k at this point but i was screwing around with Beretta's for the past half year or so.

No parts breakage and no parts replacements yet.  It is however, heavily modified but i have no doubt that in stock format, the guns will hold up just fine.

The video is older and obviously, not completely up to date but it gets the point across.  I have a few more P09 videos on my channel if you want to check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mwXLVnJnU
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you got a hot link to your videos ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top