Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2015 8:25:48 AM EDT
Got my EVO a week ago last Friday and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, thought I was going to shoot it on Easter and that's when I discovered that the feed lips on one of the mags is cracked. Damn. I have a call into CZ, no response yet. Damn.
I'm sure CZ will take care of this, but Damn, now I have to wonder if I own a white elephant with suspect mags.
Could you all check your mags and tell me that I just got a bad one, and not to worry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The EVO has been around for years in Europe and i haven't heard of there being a major mag issue.
Likely got damaged in shipping.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope so.
Waiting for 9 AM to place another call to CZ
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope so.
Waiting for 9 AM to place another call to CZ
View Quote

If they don't answer in a timely manner, send a message to CZ-USA on Facebook.
No, I'm not kidding
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
CZ sent me a shipping label. No replacements in stock.
Tech said maybe by the end of the month, so maybe some more 30 rounders coming in then?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
They are in high demand, that's for certain. All of my magazines seem to be running just fine.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are in high demand, that's for certain. All of my magazines seem to be running just fine.
View Quote

Good to hear that you are problem free, would like to hear that from a lot more people to ease my mind.
As a small consolation I held the door of the LGS for the Fed-Ex man as he was dropping off a box of 30 round mags. I got 2
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't had a problem with mine yet but I've only had the gun a week and a half. But damn that was lucky on the 30 round mags.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Still waiting for my replacement.
Got a call on 5/4 asking for my E-mail and gun S/N so they could send replacement. I called back the next day and spoke to someone and gave the required info. (don't know why that info is required) also told him to hold another 20 round for me as my second one is CRACKED also. Right down the back, 3/8" long along a seam or parting line.. He asks if I'm dropping them and I got a little indignant with him. These mags have only set loaded, I haven't even fired the gun yet.
Its 15 days later and my first replacement mag has NOT shown up yet. I could drive there today and pick it up and be home before dinner.
CZ service sucks to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got a call on 5/4 asking for my E-mail and gun S/N so they could send replacement. I called back the next day and spoke to someone and gave the required info. (don't know why that info is required) also told him to hold another 20 round for me as my second one is CRACKED also. Right down the back, 3/8" long along a seam or parting line.. He asks if I'm dropping them and I got a little indignant with him. These mags have only set loaded, I haven't even fired the gun yet.
Its 15 days later and my first replacement mag has NOT shown up yet. I could drive there today and pick it up and be home before dinner.
View Quote

The mags are tough to get right now.  I've had nothing but great luck with CZ service, and I'm sure if they had the parts in stock you'd get them promptly.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
OP these guns and mags are in HUGE demand right now, I'm sure they'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP these guns and mags are in HUGE demand right now, I'm sure they'll take care of you.
View Quote

They sent me a shipping label on 4/7, I returned mag and was told end of month maybe.
FF to 5/4 phone call "need e-mail and S/N have your new mag in hand"
Now 3+ weeks to ship from Kansas City to Omaha?

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They sent me a shipping label on 4/7, I returned mag and was told end of month maybe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what to say, but the few people I know who had issues they solved them real quick.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on when more mags come in.  My understanding is that CZ USA gets them in batches and when they're out, they're out.  

I've had really good luck with CZ so far and the folks I've spoken to have been super nice and helpful every time.  That said, if you're so violently angry about the whole situation, just sell the Scorpion.  There's a lot of people who want them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Depends on when more mags come in.  My understanding is that CZ USA gets them in batches and when they're out, they're out.  

I've had really good luck with CZ so far and the folks I've spoken to have been super nice and helpful every time.  That said, if you're so violently angry about the whole situation, just sell the Scorpion.  There's a lot of people who want them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, PM me if ya want to sell it OP
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM inbound
BTW CZ-USA told me they had 20 rd mags in hand 3 weeks ago, still no love
I am not a CZ hater, (how many people do you know with a CZ75 factory cutaway in their safe? I love em. Just the customer service I am receiving now sucks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#16]
If they take to long in the supply chain, Magpull is going to move in on them!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If they take to long in the supply chain, Magpull is going to move in on them!
View Quote

Magpul needs to, as magazines are on the list of 922r parts.  When that happens there will be a flood of used factory mags on sale.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive been dropping my 20's and 30's empty and half loaded on concrete and all I have noticed are scratches. I don't leave mine loaded so perhaps that could be weakening the areas somehow?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#19]
CZ called me Tuesday afternoon and said they had my replacement 20 rd mag ready to ship and asked if I would like to get any 30s and save on the shipping.
Hell Yeah!
I told him to throw 4 in the box and gave him my card number.
Lets see what happens, they seem to be restoring my faith in them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Fed Ex man just handed me a box from CZ.
Darn quick once they got it together.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
CZ called me Tuesday afternoon and said they had my replacement 20 rd mag ready to ship and asked if I would like to get any 30s and save on the shipping.
Hell Yeah!
I told him to throw 4 in the box and gave him my card number.
Lets see what happens, they seem to be restoring my faith in them.
View Quote

How many people are breaking their 20s to order some 30s??

All joking aside, that seems like pretty good service from CZ.  Maybe not the fastest but not bad at all.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, let me get this right, they waited until they actually had the product to call you and ask if you wanted some MORE mags so you could save on shipping?  All I have to say is that is some REALLY bad customer service there....    

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Doh.  I just checked mine, one of the feed lips is cracked.  

I only have the two twenty rounders that came with the gun.  I didn't carefully inspect them before, so I couldn't say if it came that way or not.  I've only run each mag twice through the gun, and didn't drop them.  Looks like I am calling CZ customer service on Monday.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#24]
If you haven't already, look at the 4 page thread about cracked feed lips in the Armory, Pistol Caliber Carbines section

It's a serious problem

Half the issue stems from CZs decision to use full strength 30rd mag springs in their 20 rd mags.

Combine that with subpar material and poor reinforcement at the feed lips, and you've got at least a dozen reports of cracked mags that have been subjected to nothing more than being left loaded

It happens mostly with 20s, also with 30s though.

CZs response? Clip a few coils from the 20rd mag springs...
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you haven't already, look at the 4 page thread about cracked feed lips in the Armory, Pistol Caliber Carbines section

It's a serious problem

Half the issue stems from CZs decision to use full strength 30rd mag springs in their 20 rd mags.

Combine that with subpar material and poor reinforcement at the feed lips, and you've got at least a dozen reports of cracked mags that have been subjected to nothing more than being left loaded

It happens mostly with 20s, also with 30s though.

CZs response? Clip a few coils from the 20rd mag springs...
View Quote

Typical. CZ never wants to do anything about mag issues no matter how widespread the issues are. Reason I sold my SP-01. $50 mags that don't work reliably without a plus power spring? No thanks CZ.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So, let me get this right, they waited until they actually had the product to call you and ask if you wanted some MORE mags so you could save on shipping?  All I have to say is that is some REALLY bad customer service there....    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will note that my post above was made on 5/20. Sixteen days after they called and requested info so they could send replacement. This whole ordeal started on April 5th, so really slow which IMHO = bad customer service.
And I still have 1 cracked 20 even though I told the CSR to hold another 20 for me so we could get this sorted out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. Poor Op
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top