Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2015 4:03:03 PM EDT
So I got two Factory CZ mags from CDNN new in the wrap. First off they wouldn't drop free. Secondly there were burrs around the mag latch hole that prevented the follower from feeding rounds past that point in the mag. So I fixed those issues and thought I would be fine. I when to the range and they like to cause failure to feed malfunctions where the round present them selves in a way that the breech face misses cartridge rim and the cartridge gets flipped bullet up toward the top of the slide jamming the gun. I'm pissed. In addition to all this the metal these pieces of crap are made from is so soft you can bend them by hand. I don't understand.

These mags were expensive enough that I am really hesitant to buy more from another source hoping to get good ones out of fear they are all this crappy.

Is this a common issue with these? Who makes a better mag? I had no problems with the mag that came with the used CZ 83 when I bought it.

Too bad MecGar doesn't make replacements for this gun. Its a great gun otherwise just super, extra shitty factory fucked mags.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these marked "mfg CZ" on the floor plate? If so, I recall reading these are actually knockoffs (probably Chinese) and recall reading about widespread issues with these. The ones that are genuine will have crossed swords stamped on the left side. CZ 83 mags (will also work with the 82) bought direct from CZ-USA also be a safe bet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are these marked "mfg CZ" on the floor plate? If so, I recall reading these are actually knockoffs (probably Chinese) and recall reading about widespread issues with these. The ones that are genuine will have crossed swords stamped on the left side. CZ 83 mags (will also work with the 82) bought direct from CZ-USA also be a safe bet.
View Quote

Yes they do say that on the floor plate. Could you give me a link to where you read that at I would like to read it too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.czforum.com/index.php?topic=3881.0
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if the sellers of these mags are intentionally lying or just don't know any better. But if the "CZ MFG"  are actual CZ mags. Then I'm the tooth fairy.

Obviously they're not real.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=37&t=145296

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=59097.0
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Take your grips off and fug around the maxwell. I had drop free issues as well until I started pulling things apart and replacing springs. CZ 82's need to be taken down and gone over. Some of them have sat for years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I squeezed the feed lips on my knock off mags and they feed flawlessly now but they crappy weld on the front is already splitting. I think I will keep shooting these until they give up the ghost and they bite the bullet on some real CZ mags next month or the month after.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
send them back
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone tried the CZ mags from J&G sales? I have a CZ-82 on the way from Aim Surplus and was looking at picking up a few of these mags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Well crud. I have 5 coming from wideners

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top