Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 7:03:25 PM EDT
the P07 has my interest.  I read that there's a safety switch that allows condition 1 carry.  What's involved?  Is it expensive or hard to do?
Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The gun will actually come with both the decocker pieces and the pieces for a safety, so there is no additional expense to convert it.

Its a pretty straight forward procedure.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a stock feature. It comes with the parts to convert it to a de cocker as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It comes with the safety already?  Most sites I've read state it's a SA/DA, so I assumed the basic Euro setup.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
it takes about 30 seconds to swap between the levers. i carry mine cocked and locked

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It comes with the safety already?  Most sites I've read state it's a SA/DA, so I assumed the basic Euro setup.
View Quote
It is DA/SA. It just comes with a decocker and a safety that you can swap.

The gun will still shoot in DA with the safety.  You just have to manually lower the hammer like a classic CZ, or use it's second strike ability if a round fails to go off.

It comes with the decocker installed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The gun will still shoot in DA with the safety.  You just have to manually lower the hammer like a classic CZ, or use it's second strike ability if a round fails to go off.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet!  Anybody have a pic of a G19 on top or under a P07?  Just wondering about the size difference.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet!  Anybody have a pic of a G19 on top or under a P07?  Just wondering about the size difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a tad thicker in the slide, especially when including the levers, but the grip is slimmer than the G19. Otherwise they are very close in size all around.

Not my pics.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The P-07 Gen 2 also has a smaller beavertail.. they are almost identical in length with the G19.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The P-07 Gen 2 also has a smaller beavertail.. they are almost identical in length with the G19.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Huh, I never noticed that. I have a 2014 model sitting right next to me. You're right. No where near as "sharp".

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Huh, I never noticed that. I have a 2014 model sitting right next to me. You're right. No where near as "sharp".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I confess the only reason I knew that was I just got done watching this video a few minutes ago I really like the changes they made, it just moved onto my 'buy' list.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I confess the only reason I knew that was I just got done watching this video a few minutes ago I really like the changes they made, it just moved onto my 'buy' list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a fantastic pistol. Filled my need for a "Glock 19 size" gun without being a Glock.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I have carried both a G19 and a P07 and find they feel the same on the belt.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine came with the decocker installed and the safety included, I have yet to install it. Similar in size to a G19 and it shoots great. They are great guns for the price.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Be careful.  When you find out you really like the P07, the urge for a P09 follows.

If you the type of person who works on their guns, too, you'll find the parts availability for CZs is just amazing vs. lots of the other popular guns out there right now.

CZ USA, CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works (custom parts) carry all manner of spare parts and custom parts.  CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works also do custom work on these guns.

If you want higher capacity/extended magazines for the P07 the P09 magazines fit/work just fine.  They do stick down below the bottom of the grip a little bit, but give you a few extra rounds over the P07 magazines.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the input.  I carry both a G19 and a Kahr PM9.  I also have a BHP, which has been with me through good and bad times, 24 years. Never 1 failure, and accurate as can be. I'll never sell it. I love the durability, reliability, and simplicity of the glock platform.  I shoot it pretty well, and have done Ok in GSSF matches.  I prefer a SA trigger (who doesn't).  I thought maybe a P07 might give me a cocked and locked G19ish gun, like a BHP/G19.  Still on the fence.  I'll try to find a place to fondle and maybe shoot one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top