Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 3:41:13 PM EDT
Shooting friend of mine went out and bought a CZ P09 practically out of nowhere the other day. Luckily, it seems that his hasty purchase ended up with a pistol that even I ended up wanting to shoot more of.

He doesn't know much about pistols and didn't research it much and I realized pretty quickly that when looking for holsters, these don't seem to have the level of support/selection that your Glocks/M&P/Sigs get. He wanted a holster with retention and I was going to suggest that he get a Safariland 6280 like I have always used but seems Safariland, GCode, Raven and everyone else don't make anything like this for the P09. I definitely do not want to steer him down the road towards a Serpa or serpa 'type' of holster and with us going hunting both during the day and at night, hanging off sides of cliffs, etc he really needs something with good retention like the hood on a 6280.

Was hoping to find something like that as well as able to ride a bit lower without being a thigh rig; I use the GCode duty mount with a 6280 for my M&P and the ride height is perfect.

Any suggestions? At this point I am thinking he may need to look into something like a TT modular holster.

ETA - This isn't for CC, so not an IWB or concealment holster. This is for hunting/shooting out in the middle of the desert and mountains.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If didn't require extra retention, goodmedicine, linked in the thread above could make him a kydex holster with a gcode rti plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top